Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Artdon

just wondering if your relearned process is still stable ? Got fixed mine yesterday and not really happy about higher shift point, specially from 3D to 4th speed .... maybe we will have some others ways to do it and back to normal shifting
I have had some success with my process. But I drive in manual mode a lot and have learned to be very aware of when the warm up period ends, so I can immediately start switching to the shift pattern I want. Once warm, the transmission learning kicks in as normal.

To address your other question, there is one way that one could go theoretically back to the unfixed shift patterns: buy a Euro-spec TCM (transmission control unit) and swap it into your car. I am not aware of anyone who has done this with a Q5, but those with Touaregs have successfully done this swap.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, thank you very much for your reply, i am trying to adjust myself to the new sound and shifting changes are really not a big deal but still sound and shifting are bothering me for now ...maybe later I will not think about them ....Thank you for advise !
Old 04-08-2018, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mythdoc

I have had some success with my process. But I drive in manual mode a lot and have learned to be very aware of when the warm up period ends, so I can immediately start switching to the shift pattern I want. Once warm, the transmission learning kicks in as normal.

To address your other question, there is one way that one could go theoretically back to the unfixed shift patterns: buy a Euro-spec TCM (transmission control unit) and swap it into your car. I am not aware of anyone who has done this with a Q5, but those with Touaregs have successfully done this swap.
Hello Mythdoc,

i am really appreciate your help by chance do you have any idea where I can buy this Euro spec TCM ? ...have a hard time to find some information
Old 04-08-2018, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Artdon

Hello Mythdoc,

i am really appreciate your help by chance do you have any idea where I can buy this Euro spec TCM ? ...have a hard time to find some information

Here is the link to the Touareg info I was talking about. They found it on eBay, not sure which country website. Please remember that this is theoretically possible, based on Touareg. To my knowledge no one has tried it yet on a ZF transmission equipped Q5.

2013+ Touareg pre/post fix transmission programming - Club Touareg Forums
Old 04-10-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mythdoc

Here is the link to the Touareg info I was talking about. They found it on eBay, not sure which country website. Please remember that this is theoretically possible, based on Touareg. To my knowledge no one has tried it yet on a ZF transmission equipped Q5.

2013+ Touareg pre/post fix transmission programming - Club Touareg Forums
after fixed, rpm is very high and of course because of this fuel consumption will increase as engine is always under height aceleration... shifting is very rough and you can feel it on each gear ... before it was shift early but at least it was smooth hopefully they will come to some solution as for now I don't like to drive car anymore feeling is not the same
people who just did their fixed emission please right your comments ....

thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^ Begin by reading the 30-40 write-ups in this thread already. What we have learned, so far, is that some cars do better after a tankful or two, while some do fine from the beginning after the fix. Shift points, and how to influence them, are addressed in this thread already, too.

FYI, here's another dyno that shows very little difference before and after. This one is from a Q7.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post13041316
Old 04-10-2018, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

I'd be careful about ordering anything from a Touareg,if I'm not mistaken it uses the Aisin transmission not the ZF.Different beasts entirely.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MurrayA4
I'd be careful about ordering anything from a Touareg,if I'm not mistaken it uses the Aisin transmission not the ZF.Different beasts entirely.
No, but a ZF for ZF swap would theoretically work. Personally, I don’t see the need (my car still runs really well), but I am always interested in what others have done.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that I've driven mine for a while after the fix I notice a pretty irritating hesitation any time I "punch" it to make a quick move etc . It seems to think for a while before it finally accelerates. I was hoping it would adapt after some more driving but it doesn't seem to have. Have tried to run in S mode more hoping to alleviate it but really don't need the higher rpm all the time.

Haven't really checked the mileage officially yet, but the gauge definitely seems to move quicker now...
Old 04-13-2018, 03:47 PM
kkv
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by skl1
Now that I've driven mine for a while after the fix I notice a pretty irritating hesitation any time I "punch" it to make a quick move etc . It seems to think for a while before it finally accelerates. I was hoping it would adapt after some more driving but it doesn't seem to have. Have tried to run in S mode more hoping to alleviate it but really don't need the higher rpm all the time.

Haven't really checked the mileage officially yet, but the gauge definitely seems to move quicker now...
Still no discernible differences in my A6; could be a tad noisier, maybe, could have lost a little mileage, maybe; still running like a charm and mileage definitely beats anything out there and, for sure, the quoted mileage on the sticker. My neighbor also has an A6 and I've asked him if he noticed anything in particular after the fix and he said no. Either we're 2 unobserving people, or we just lucked out.

Quick Reply: Q5 TDI Emissions Fix experiences