Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 price question

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BeachRat
Are you saying that I could purchase a Q5 Prestige, S-Line, Drive Select, which has a vehicle MSRP north of $50K, and still take advantage of Cash for Clunkers, since the base model is $38K?

Or, is it model specific, so I could purchase a Premium Plus, S-Line, Drive Select, since the base Premium Plus price is below $45K?
Yes you can buy a fully loaded Q5 over $50,000 with CARS program. The base price limit is on the MRSP for the car with no options.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ttr2002
Yes you can buy a fully loaded Q5 over $50,000 with CARS program. The base price limit is on the MRSP for the car with no options.
That is fantastic news, ttr & btmoore. Thanks for the heads up, as I thought I was out of luck getting a Prestige...
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up my 2010 Q5 Prestige Ibus on Friday for $49,695
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone else come across dealers "suspending" their CARS transaction? My dealer claims that since they haven't received any funds from the govt they are suspending any clunkers deals. Not only do I lose out on the CARS credit but also the Audi CARS allowance incentive.

I wrote to Audi USA and they promised to "research" and get back to me.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by dwdm
Anyone else come across dealers "suspending" their CARS transaction? My dealer claims that since they haven't received any funds from the govt they are suspending any clunkers deals. Not only do I lose out on the CARS credit but also the Audi CARS allowance incentive.

I had a deal all negotiated and in writing and ready to go at 800 over invoice and all of a sudden when I mention the cash for clunker program, they said they are not going to honor that price and now wants MSRP. dick move...dick move
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

o and their reason was "the government takes too too long to pay us and with Audi's Aug 1000 incentive, it will bring the price to below invoice. we are not going to sell a 2010 below invoice."
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by samwoo2go
I had a deal all negotiated and in writing and ready to go at 800 over invoice and all of a sudden when I mention the cash for clunker program, they said they are not going to honor that price and now wants MSRP. dick move...dick move
Originally Posted by samwoo2go
o and their reason was "the government takes too too long to pay us and with Audi's Aug 1000 incentive, it will bring the price to below invoice. we are not going to sell a 2010 below invoice."
That is rather lame on their behalf, clearly they don't need your money, I don't know about you, but I don't like to force someone to take a lot of my money from me :-) . IMO find a new dealer, that is what I did, I contacted 4 Audi dealers until I found the right one. The first dealer I was working with got scared about the CARS program running out of cash and then the manager did not want to "risk it", so I told them if they cant figure it out I would find a dealer that wants to take my money. Well, It only took calls to into 3 other Audi dealers over maybe 4 hours, to get my 2010 q5 Prestige at my price plus the CARS rebate for $3500. I am in front of my bill of sale right now, Cash Price for Vehicle and Accessories - $46,744, if you want subtract the Audi Care I got them to throw in ($740) that brings the Q5 to $46,004 or $242 under invoice then subtract my $3,500 and total price B4 tax and licenses etc. 42,504 or , IMO not bad particularly since my clunker was worth about $750. So, a 2010 q5 that they wont sell you, because after the CARS rebate, it will be below invoice, I was able to buy for $3,752 below invoice and even if you add back in the value of my clunker, that is still $3002 under Invoice.

Hopefully you live somewhere with some dealer choices, if you are in the SF bay area send me a PM and I will send you to the dealer and sales guy who worked with me. Oh and those other dealers I contacted, the original dealer (oakland) never called me again, the audi dealer in SF never returned my call and I told her I was going to buy with cash that day if we could come to a deal (to this day and I still have not heard from them, and the BMW and MB dealers are still calling and emailing me). The third one I called tried that "we can sell this at list game" and kept telling me it was their option to honer the supplier program, kept going on about how they were the biggest and owed by Penske and had the most selection blah blah blah, I told them what I wanted and the price I wanted and I even told them to put their best offer down on paper and call me back on it, but they could never execute, then called me 3 days later after I purchased my q5 to talk more about it buying from them, I guess they were too big to take my money. The last guy I worked with, listened, negotiated a bit and took advantage of everything on the table to make a deal so he got my business, they were happy with the deal and so am I.

Good Luck, maybe you can find a good dealer to work with, that is the problem with the car dealers, there are so few good ones, and I guess that is why I go 10+ years between buying cars.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by btmoore
That is rather lame on their behalf, clearly they don't need your money, I don't know about you, but I don't like to force someone to take a lot of my money from me :-) . IMO find a new dealer, that is what I did, I contacted 4 Audi dealers until I found the right one. The first dealer I was working with got scared about the CARS program running out of cash and then the manager did not want to "risk it", so I told them if they cant figure it out I would find a dealer that wants to take my money. Well, It only took calls to into 3 other Audi dealers over maybe 4 hours, to get my 2010 q5 Prestige at my price plus the CARS rebate for $3500. I am in front of my bill of sale right now, Cash Price for Vehicle and Accessories - $46,744, if you want subtract the Audi Care I got them to throw in ($740) that brings the Q5 to $46,004 or $242 under invoice then subtract my $3,500 and total price B4 tax and licenses etc. 42,504 or , IMO not bad particularly since my clunker was worth about $750. So, a 2010 q5 that they wont sell you, because after the CARS rebate, it will be below invoice, I was able to buy for $3,752 below invoice and even if you add back in the value of my clunker, that is still $3002 under Invoice.

Hopefully you live somewhere with some dealer choices, if you are in the SF bay area send me a PM and I will send you to the dealer and sales guy who worked with me. Oh and those other dealers I contacted, the original dealer (oakland) never called me again, the audi dealer in SF never returned my call and I told her I was going to buy with cash that day if we could come to a deal (to this day and I still have not heard from them, and the BMW and MB dealers are still calling and emailing me). The third one I called tried that "we can sell this at list game" and kept telling me it was their option to honer the supplier program, kept going on about how they were the biggest and owed by Penske and had the most selection blah blah blah, I told them what I wanted and the price I wanted and I even told them to put their best offer down on paper and call me back on it, but they could never execute, then called me 3 days later after I purchased my q5 to talk more about it buying from them, I guess they were too big to take my money. The last guy I worked with, listened, negotiated a bit and took advantage of everything on the table to make a deal so he got my business, they were happy with the deal and so am I.

Good Luck, maybe you can find a good dealer to work with, that is the problem with the car dealers, there are so few good ones, and I guess that is why I go 10+ years between buying cars.
ya appreciate it, fortunately there is another dealer that I already negotiated with today at 200 more but farther from me, I will give the guy a call tomorrow and see what he does with the C4C.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dwdm

My Audi dealer told me last night that his dealership was going to stop any CARS.gov deals until they get paid. I purchased my CARS.gov deal on AUG 3, 2009
Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by btmoore

I think the reason is that the Q5 is the hottest selling car on Audi lots as well had the top seller of any car right now. They feel if you dont but it someone else will in less than 4 days.
I have a 2010 Q5 plus with nav, B&O and 19 inch wheels. $750 over invoice with $4500 C4C rebate, $1000 from Audi. I felt that would be the best deal I would ever get.

Quick Reply: Q5 price question