Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 a Mom car??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M here, I agree that I see a lot of women driving the Q5 however I don't think that means its a "mom" car.... or maybe it is and I just don't care lol.... it's a great vehicle for anyone.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
M here, I agree that I see a lot of women driving the Q5 however I don't think that means its a "mom" car.... or maybe it is and I just don't care lol.... it's a great vehicle for anyone.
Caution: The Q5 has been linked with lowered testosterone levels and ED
Old 10-15-2012, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver
I know you guys might want to reason out of it, but the Q5 is a moms car. Pretty much every mid size to compact SUV is a moms car. Yes you can make it more masculine, but this car segment really appeals to women.

There's a reason why Range Rover approached V. beckham for design cues on the evoque. There's a reason why the Ford Escape has the highest women to men ratio of any car out there. This segment appeals to more women.

Every q5 in my neighborhood is the wife's car.
Yes, cross-overs are marketed towards a female target audience as being a "sportier" SUV, but it comes down to personal preference. Look at how many women drove the Ford Excursions.... most all of them when I lived in Texas.

I wanted the sportiest thing I could put a 2" receiver hitch on for a bike rack, and a crossover was it! Besides, I came from driving a Honda Element, though popular among cyclist, is labeled a "old person/lesbian with dogs" kind of car, so I think I did okay.

Funny unrelated quote about my old Jeep that is somewhat related. A good friend from the Queen's land put it best, (say it with an English accent):

"I really like your Jeep...... its a convertible a chap can drive without being a bloody hairdresser's car".

FYI...... He drove a convertible. Its all about the perspective of what we use it for.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

im pretty sure my **** hangs the same in both cars.....but my wife is the primary in the q5, while i drive the c63...

mostly based off MPG to work
Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes absolutely it's a Mom's car but that doesn't keep me from borrowing it when I (or we) need the room.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Around my area, from what I've observed on the road, the Qs that have the full S Line package tend to be driven by men, and the 2.0T models tend to be driven more by women. I can't say as though I see more women in the Qs, though. Most "soccer moms" around here drive a Q7, or a Range Rover.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Brushdaily
I'm trying to decide between a Q5 and a S4. And I'm starting to realize the Q5 is a soccer mom car. Can people respond to this thread with either M or F. If the Male in your house drives the car obviously M and F if your wife drives it. thanks
The Q5 we have on order will be driven primarily by my wife. I drive our two A4's, but I won't feel at all like a soccer mom when I drive the Q5.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Yes absolutely it's a Mom's car but that doesn't keep me from borrowing it when I (or we) need the room.
Female here -- but the Q5 has the cargo room so even tho' it's my daily driver if the hubby needs the room to haul whatever (tires, car parts, gardening stuff & of course our pups) he borrows it and then i get to drive his S4.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a male and my guy friends said that thing is a MILF mobile.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

so tell me... what SUV/CUV is NOT a mom's car? seems like everyone's made a generalization about an entire class of vehicles.

therefore, this argument is too narrow. we aren't talking about whether a Q5 is a mom's car - but rather, whether SUV's/CUV's in general are a mom's car.

basically, according to the logic in this thread - men can't have a big car unless they buy a pickup truck.

Quick Reply: Q5 a Mom car??????