Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audinewbi
Pouch to hold your iPod on the top side of the glovebox...took me 2 months to find that sleeve. Hahaha
Took me awhile to fine it too! According to my receipt, this is the pouch in case anyone else is interested.

http://audi.bernardiparts.com/produc...0-857-285.aspx
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chwongris2
Took me awhile to fine it too! According to my receipt, this is the pouch in case anyone else is interested.

http://audi.bernardiparts.com/produc...0-857-285.aspx
Google turns up no hits for images. Do you have a picture by any chance?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsec
Google turns up no hits for images. Do you have a picture by any chance?
http://www.jimellisaudiparts.com/sho...ssembly=752248
Part #14
Old 01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought it was standard on all Q's? it was on our's:
Attached Images  

Last edited by JohnBoyToo; 01-29-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not so much Easter eggs, but more so the quirkiness of the car and stuff that bothers me occasionally:

a) When you put the car in cruise and then you disengage the cruise by hitting brakes, the instrument panel continues to show the last cruise speed. Some may think of it as a feature but it is kind of annoying for me.

b) I used a 16 gb card and added about 6 gb of songs. It takes 60-90 secs for the card to load.

c) If you have an Iphone with ios 6 and if you are using Google maps for voice navigation, you will be able to hear the directions on you car speakers as long as bluetooth is connected. It is weird that bluetooth works only for the navigation app (not for music), but is cool at the same time.

d) No Aux port to connect my android device for streaming music/pandora without buying extra cables.

e) As soon as ignition is turned off after I come home, the radio turns off as well. Really dislike this feature because you cant keep your engine on and waste fuel just to listen on to the radio. Some American cars have functionality that radio stays on till doors open. I wish that was the case here.
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that volume button will turn on the radio with no key in ignition. I guess that could work for me.

I have a 2012 P+ w/o nav.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tm7384
a) When you put the car in cruise and then you disengage the cruise by hitting brakes, the instrument panel continues to show the last cruise speed. Some may think of it as a feature but it is kind of annoying for me.
Braking is just a "cancel", so hitting "resume" on the stalk will take you back to the previous speed. Makes sense that the set speed will still be displayed, though is there any other indicator that cruise is active (vs. just "on")?

e) As soon as ignition is turned off after I come home, the radio turns off as well. Really dislike this feature because you cant keep your engine on and waste fuel just to listen on to the radio. Some American cars have functionality that radio stays on till doors open. I wish that was the case here.
Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that volume button will turn on the radio with no key in ignition. I guess that could work for me.
As you saw mentioned, you can turn the radio on with the car off (stays on for around 20 minutes then turns itself off). Does require an extra step from you, but works.

Older VAG cars left the radio on until you took the key out of the ignition, but that was a simple use of the metal key blade to complete a circuit. I'm not sure if they have anything like that these days, or a way to request the ignition to go from ON to ACC instead of straight to OFF with the newer ignition style (or the start/stop button). Probably not with the added complication of determining driver intent when they aren't having to physically turn something to a defined position.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idale

SNIP

Older VAG cars left the radio on until you took the key out of the ignition, but that was a simple use of the metal key blade to complete a circuit. I'm not sure if they have anything like that these days, or a way to request the ignition to go from ON to ACC instead of straight to OFF with the newer ignition style (or the start/stop button). Probably not with the added complication of determining driver intent when they aren't having to physically turn something to a defined position.

On the '13 (3.0T with NAV MMI and Smartkey) the radio stays on until you exit the car.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo
Thought it was standard on all Q's? it was on our's:
Thanks for the picture. I went to the car to look for a "pouch" upon first hearing about it and didn't see anything. I think I do recall seeing this little area though. Will go looking for it again.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tm7384
What's especially scary is when you had your cruise set to 130 and you accidentally bump it with your knee when you're on the off ramp
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
What's especially scary is when you had your cruise set to 130 and you accidentally bump it with your knee when you're on the off ramp
Not that we would ever be in that situation. Hypothetically speaking, right?

EDIT: Nevermind you probably mean km/h. I was thinking 130mph lol

Quick Reply: Q5 Easter Eggs (hidden/no-so-obvious features)