Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

PICS of my new Q5 (Ibis/Cinnamon) Custom S-Line

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rktcyntst
Indeed. My apologies for calling myself an elementary school name for failure to adhere to the points I made in a previous post. I didn't really mean it. I'm not a d-bag.

I think cars are cool. Shiny stuff is cool too. I'm off to stick some BMW propellers on my Harley because I can.
ROFL
Old 07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
ROFL
Not Audi but you get the idea...check them all and have fun!!

http://www.jimmy540i.com/bmwnightmare.htm
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a rear spoiler that high on top of a dodge minivan last week. It was completely blacked out with chrome stipping boxed around all the doors, and had blacked out spinner wheels. It was hilarious.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's an article from USA Today on the fine art of rebadging:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/15/u...-of-rebadging/

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...ury-usat_x.htm

Enjoy.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

oooh everyone is doing it, yeah ok no sorry, now its toootally cool!! thnx for enlightening us
Old 07-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Thunder22
Here's an article from USA Today on the fine art of rebadging:
Did you read it?

"Sadly, this business of highlighting your inferiority complex by trying to pimp your vehicle as a better model than it is is really nothing new."
Old 07-13-2011, 04:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
It's not like I'm making my car something it's not.
Adding S Line badges do not make it a S Line.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
I saw a rear spoiler that high on top of a dodge minivan last week. It was completely blacked out with chrome stipping boxed around all the doors, and had blacked out spinner wheels. It was hilarious.
I'm glad you saw the humor, it was not intended as an insult in any way. If you like Sline stuff, go for it! In have a 2011 3.2 P+ that came with the exterior Sline package, no choice. I do like the bumpers, grille badges etc. but if it wasn't already included, there's no way I would have paid extra for it. It's just decoration. This is my first Audi and I don't really understand the Sline thing. I also have an '02 BMW ///M roadster, a real one. Bimmers are either M cars or they're not, no such thing as ///M Line.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HZ60
I'm glad you saw the humor, it was not intended as an insult in any way. If you like Sline stuff, go for it! In have a 2011 3.2 P+ that came with the exterior Sline package, no choice. I do like the bumpers, grille badges etc. but if it wasn't already included, there's no way I would have paid extra for it. It's just decoration. This is my first Audi and I don't really understand the Sline thing. I also have an '02 BMW ///M roadster, a real one. Bimmers are either M cars or they're not, no such thing as ///M Line.
To be fair, there were 3 and 5 series BMW's that were offered with M cosmetic packages.
http://www.splendidauto.com/viewcar.aspx?carID=200

Last edited by nooB5; 07-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barksdale
Adding S Line badges do not make it a S Line.
I didn't mean that. What I meant was the S-Line pkg on the Q5 is purely cosmetic, either interior pkg or exterior pkg. I meant I wasn't making my car into a TTS Roadster by slapping those badges on it.

If Audi did not offer an S-Line pkg at all on the Q5's, then I wouldn't be badging up my Q5 to become something that it's not. All I'm doing are picking and choosing the cosmetic S-Line changes that Audi has offered only on the 3.2 Q5's and applying the ones I want to my 2.0T. Perhaps if they had offered it on the 2.0, I would have gotten that.

Sure I'm not going to get the bumpers or side panels exactly right. But other than the steering wheel (not a big fan of the air perf leather) and the aluminum panels (also not a huge fan against the cinnamon interior) there's not much different. If there was a difference in performance, then sure. That would be like taking a 3.0 LX mustang and putting the GT 5.0 badge on it. I wouldn't do that. This is just a cosmetic sports package that they happen to offer on the 3.2 but not the 2.0. So I customized it myself, trying to stay as true as I could to the original look and badge placements (while adding my own touches along the way).

It really isn't that big a deal. I'm not claiming the car is something it's not. It is a 2.0T Q5 with a custom sports package on it. As soon as I put on the front and rear chrome spoilers and running boards it will complete my exterior look (part of off-road/sports pkg offered, minus the black fender wells)...All OEM at the dealer. Once I get the S-Tronic DSG shifter and silver sticthed boot on the interior it will be done as well. Also OEM, but a lot more S-line looking than the perf leather S-Line shifter they offer factory.

That's why its custom. And I think it's worthy of the label, so that's why I badged it. Like it or hate it, you don't gotta drive it. I do. And I'm proud of it.

This thread is awesome by the way. Very humorous to see some peeps getting so bent outta shape!

Last edited by ThunderDent; 07-13-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: PICS of my new Q5 (Ibis/Cinnamon) Custom S-Line