Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Paintless Dent Removal access - rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paintless Dent Removal access - rear quarter panel

I just got a nice 4" crease on my rear quarter above the wheel arch, just rear of the door edge. Question: Has anyone had any PDR work done in that area? Is there access to reach the rear quarter? With my luck, I'm imagining there are two layers of metal and would limit access.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hate to rain on your parade but....My story is a bit more rough....
My wife had to swerve to avoid a section of "I Beam" in the right lane of I-95 here in Maryland. She could not swerve left, someone was there, so she swerved right towards the paved shoulder. Bad idea! An abandoned "plumbing" truck was parked there. She "intersected" a pipe or something sticking out of its drivers side, and it put a 1-inch deep crease down the entire passenger side. Destroyed right side mirror, and both right sidedoor handles. She was so worried about how I would react.
Guys pleeeaase give our wives a kiss and let them know we don't care as long as they are OK.
Anyway it was a crease I had no idea how it could be fixed. Fortunately I am blessed with a top knotch body shop nearby, Clarksville Auto Body Shop. You would never know there was a dent. Amazing work. I never took a picture of the damage, we went on a 2 week cruise the day after it happened.
My advise to you "vwtoys" is check around. Look for Mercedes, Porsche, and our beloved Audi body places. Your dealer better be able to point you in the right direction.
I am still amazed at the work. WOW It's been 4 weeks and I have an appointment for a total "detail" tomorrow. Pictures will follow.
Back to your crease "vwtoys".....there is hope. If you live in Maryland I can fix you up.
I am still amazed at my fix.
You should be able to get amazing work. Good Luck. Oh yeah, and how about some pictures.
Otto Man
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, at this point I'm going to see what my PDR guy says. The paint is intact except a small chip. The crease is not over a body line so that's a good thing. I've been more amazed at what the PDR guys can fix. And it saves on paintwork. I've done some body/paint work on my own and I know what it takes to repair this damage, but I want to see if I can stay away from having to paint a car that new.

Thanks for the offer. But I'm in California so if the PDR route won't happen, I'll go to a shop down the street for a quote. My guess is about 500-600.