Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Overview on how to add Fuelly.com badge as your sig photo

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Overview on how to add Fuelly.com badge as your sig photo

Go to Fuelly:
https://www.fuelly.com/

If you are already logged in, it will direct you to your "dashboard" page:
https://www.fuelly.com/dashboard/

Then select your car of interest from your garage section as highlighted above.

That will take you to your car page:

Scroll down to see the link for stuff to Share, and click on that:

Here you can see the two styles (large and small) of badges you can add. These badges, when linked from the fuelly.com website will update automatically when you add new data. You won't have to change your sig again. (If instead you copy this image and save it locally, then you will only have it how it looks currently and it will not update.)

Now in a separate browser window, go to Audiworld to your "User CP" and then "Edit Signature" to get to the below page. You'll note that your (at least my) permissions do not allow for HTML format in your signature. Therefore you need to use the BBC code choice from above. I decided to use the small badge, so I copied the bottom window from the image above into my signature below:

Then you can press "Preview Signature" and you'll see it update. Hopefully it all looks good like this:

Then just be sure to click "Save Signature" as well so it is saved.

If your badge isn't matching your fuelly.com web page:
Now the one other thing I'll mention is when I did the above I noticed that the MPG on my badge/sig did not match what was listed on my Dashboard/Car pages, even though it was correct in the badge that was on the fuelly site itself. I looked closer and noticed that the image shown on their site is not from the same location as the one they tell you to use in the BBC/html code. I found that replacing "badges.fuelly.com" with "www.fuelly.com" resolved that. I checked it again just now and I don't see any discrepancy that I once did, so maybe it was a fluke. Or maybe there's a delay involved and it's not correct immediately, but is later (though I thought I let it sit overnight last time to no avail). Anyway, if you run into this, you may want to try what I did. I do note that the one change badges->www isn't the only difference in these urls, but it apparently was enough to point to a version of the badge that worked. Here you can see the difference in paths - the top window is from me right clicking on the small banner image and viewing it's detail:

Last edited by Mark P; 10-30-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I tried this and got the following message:
The following errors occurred with your submission:
BB code url is not allowed.
These are my signature permissions:
Signature Permissions
Allow Basic BB Code Yes
Allow Color BB Code Yes
Allow Size BB Code Yes
Allow Font BB Code Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code Yes
Allow List BB Code No
Allow Link BB Code No
Allow HTML No
Allow Image BB Code Yes
Allow Code BB Code No
Allow PHP BB Code No
Allow HTML BB Code No
Allow Quote BB Code Yes
Allow Smilies No
Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes

Note that several of my "Allow *** BB Code" permissions are set to No. Is there a way to get these to "Yes"?
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks MarkP - I always wondered how to add the Fuelly badge - this would help me set it up!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GBadger
Hmmm... I tried this and got the following message:

These are my signature permissions:

Note that several of my "Allow *** BB Code" permissions are set to No. Is there a way to get these to "Yes"?
I have no idea. I looked when I saw my html to "no" but didn't see a spot to change them. Maybe it's tiered by status/#posts?

Last edited by Mark P; 11-03-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
If your badge isn't matching your fuelly.com web page:
Now the one other thing I'll mention is when I did the above I noticed that the MPG on my badge/sig did not match what was listed on my Dashboard/Car pages, even though it was correct in the badge that was on the fuelly site itself. I looked closer and noticed that the image shown on their site is not from the same location as the one they tell you to use in the BBC/html code. I found that replacing "badges.fuelly.com" with "www.fuelly.com" resolved that. I checked it again just now and I don't see any discrepancy that I once did, so maybe it was a fluke. Or maybe there's a delay involved and it's not correct immediately, but is later (though I thought I let it sit overnight last time to no avail). Anyway, if you run into this, you may want to try what I did. I do note that the one change badges->www isn't the only difference in these urls, but it apparently was enough to point to a version of the badge that worked. Here you can see the difference in paths - the top window is from me right clicking on the small banner image and viewing it's detail:

The badge they show is a preview (likely generated every request), and they have you link to the "real" one (that is generated every fillup). If your badge isn't correct, it should fix itself the next time you fill up though sometimes it sounds like there's glitches in the system and it doesn't always happen (like for you).

My badge doesn't have the image (that I apparently ripped off of 914's without trying, though mine's zoomed out), but the preview does. I haven't filled up since I put the delivery "fill" on there (0.001 gal fill just to mark the mileage so my first real fill will be counted), though, so in a week or so when I actually get to the point I could use a fillup, it should update.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale

My badge doesn't have the image (that I apparently ripped off of 914's without trying, though mine's zoomed out), but the preview does.
For the right price, I would be happy to license that image to you.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 914Audi
For the right price, I would be happy to license that image to you.
I'll be getting punished by having a black bar on the bottom because they don't crop like they do with the little badge. I don't even know if I'd seen yours before doing mine or after.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Getting BB code error also.....

I'm having the same BB code error/limited permission problem that GBadger is having. But I seem to have found a way around it, using just the IMG portion of the text and excluding the URL portion

It seems to show the right/current fuelly result. I will need to test it after the next fill up to see if it is a static image only, or if it is dynamically updated.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I'm having the same BB code error/limited permission problem that GBadger is having. But I seem to have found a way around it, using just the IMG portion of the text and excluding the URL portion

It seems to show the right/current fuelly result. I will need to test it after the next fill up to see if it is a static image only, or if it is dynamically updated.
The URL tag just links the image to your profile, it's the same image either way. (EDIT: Oh duh, you said you were having a BB error when pasting the code. So never mind there, hehe.)

And oddly, my badge image seems to have updated itself for some reason without a fillup. I did a decent enough job at guessing a ratio on my second profile image attempt that would work that it at least doesn't look weird like it did before, too.

Last edited by idale; 10-30-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I too will give this a shot and see if it updates at my first fill up. I haven't added any fuel since I picked it up from the dealer in early October, but I'm down to 1/4 tank, so I'll have to add something in the next week or two.

Quick Reply: Overview on how to add Fuelly.com badge as your sig photo