Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Order Q5 or wait for 2016 model?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockout
Happy to do it but I don't have a scanned copy with me at the moment. PM me with your email and I will be happy to send you a copy in the next day or so when I get access to my scanner.
PM sent!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by abegwit
There are multiple press releases from Audi itself saying that the new Q5 won't start production until the summer of 2016, so there's virtually no way that it will be a 2016MY. Sure, Europe might see it before NA, but the timing won't be that different. I can't seem to paste the link in, but go to audi-mediaservices.com and search, you'll find the references.

Just to put a bow on it (or clear it all up for me) - The plan now is for the Q5 in current form to have a 2016 model, with the "new" Q5 likely being released in 2016, probably as a MY2017 (at the earliest). Right?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A6forMoi
Just to put a bow on it (or clear it all up for me) - The plan now is for the Q5 in current form to have a 2016 model, with the "new" Q5 likely being released in 2016, probably as a MY2017 (at the earliest). Right?
Pretty much sums it up....
Old 05-05-2015, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Tough question but I am definitely not a fan of buying the first year of a new model... I love my Q5 TDI... I test drove the 2.0 and it is a nice ride but the TDI is unreal... The gas mileage is amazing!
Old 05-06-2015, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ex-quattro PETE
Just curious, but what was the point of this trade for an essentially the same car? Was it some specific options that your old car did not have?

No matter how "terrific" of a deal it was, you still lose a lot of money by trading in such a young vehicle.
Good question...one thing I wanted was the black headliner that didn't come with the Sport Interior package in '13 but I wouldn't have done it just for that. Another goal was to get closer to the next model Q5. I put in a $1,000 deposit and handed over the keys to my '13 and drove off in the '15 and ended up with a slightly lower payment. It worked out for me since I expect to have a car payment anyway.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4forDC
Good question...one thing I wanted was the black headliner that didn't come with the Sport Interior package in '13 but I wouldn't have done it just for that. Another goal was to get closer to the next model Q5. I put in a $1,000 deposit and handed over the keys to my '13 and drove off in the '15 and ended up with a slightly lower payment. It worked out for me since I expect to have a car payment anyway.
Yup same situation for me. Traded 13' premium+ for a 15' premium +. No cash and my payment went down a bit. 15' has keyless entry/ start plus a bit more chrome. Build quality seems a bit better too. I drive 25k mikes a year so keeping for 5 years and paying off not an option I want to take. The resale values are very good on cars that dealer can resell as certified.this allows for early tradeins.

Last edited by ssteigss; 05-06-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ssteigss
No cash and my payment went down a bit.
Right, except the number of payments has now gone up.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssteigss
Yup same situation for me. Traded 13' premium+ for a 15' premium +. No cash and my payment went down a bit. 15' has keyless entry/ start plus a bit more chrome. Build quality seems a bit better too. I drive 25k mikes a year so keeping for 5 years and paying off not an option I want to take. The resale values are very good on cars that dealer can resell as certified.this allows for early tradeins.
I just traded my 2013 for 2015 too and should have it next wendsday. The only reason I traded mine in was I have many rattles and a steering noise problem that the dealer can't fix as my warranty is out in a year. Couple of my friends said why not changing to a different brand? I told them that I really love the Q as from design and the performance is better among other small SUVs( X3, RX350...). I am just hoping that 2015 is better build quality than my 2013. I also wanted a change in color so this time I got glacier white with black optic package and Audi side assist which it wasn't an option for the 2013 year.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

New Q7 is butt ugly! What the hell were they thinking!
Old 05-19-2015, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

So if I walk into an Audi dealership in North America today and order a 2016 Q5 based on the recently released Audi America 2016 Order Guide, where is that vehicle going to be manufactured? Have they started production in Mexico? Can I tell the dealer that the purchase is contingent on the vehicle being manufactured in Ingolstadt? Would the dealer even know where a Q5 ordered today is actually going to be manufactured? Could you refuse the vehicle if they said it was coming from Ingolstadt and then ended up being manufactured in Mexico?

I'm sure it will all work out in the long run but no way am I signing up for one of the first vehicles coming out of the facility in Mexico. I'm a long time A4 owner so I know these cars have their own quirks to begin with, throw production into another country and I'll pass for awhile. I'll let the oblivious impulse buyers help shake out any issues.

Quick Reply: Order Q5 or wait for 2016 model?