Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Officially an Audi Household

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Officially an Audi Household

In addition to the '13 S5, I got a fantastic deal on a '14 Q5 2.0T yesterday. Went from a Ford Explorer to the Q5, and while the cargo space isn't the same, the whole idea was the increased gas mileage. Being able to get close to 30mpg on the highway...sweet. And I was pleasantly surprised at the pep this 2.0T had on the road. Not as quick off the line as the 3.0, but very acceptable. Very excited to have this vehicle.

Moonlight Blue, Chestnut Brown, Premium Plus, MMI Nav Plus.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmukalian
In addition to the '13 S5, I got a fantastic deal on a '14 Q5 2.0T yesterday. Went from a Ford Explorer to the Q5, and while the cargo space isn't the same, the whole idea was the increased gas mileage. Being able to get close to 30mpg on the highway...sweet. And I was pleasantly surprised at the pep this 2.0T had on the road. Not as quick off the line as the 3.0, but very acceptable. Very excited to have this vehicle.

Moonlight Blue, Chestnut Brown, Premium Plus, MMI Nav Plus.
Congrats! I like the color combo. Enjoy your new ride, certainly a upgrade from the explorer. Sorry Ford.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

I gotta say, the pickup in this Q5 is pretty sweet. I test drove both the 3.0 and the 2.0T back-to-back, and while the 3.0 was (obviously) quicker off the line (had that throw-your-head-into-the-headrest-feel) the 2.0T was no slouch, and performed perfect for the wife, and acceptable for me. Gonna spend the rest of the weekend driving it around, helping out the SO figure out the MMI and all the controls. Luckily the '13 S5 has the exact (99%) same setup, so it'll be a breeze.

And I have to say, the whole experience buying this car, on a Black Friday, was one of the best I had. Great day overall!
Old 11-30-2013, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Congrats! I like the color combo. Enjoy your new ride, certainly a upgrade from the explorer. Sorry Ford.
Didn't we have a member from Texas (JohnBoyToo?) trade in his barely broken-in Q5 for an Explorer? He swears the Explorer was a much better vehicle. Oh well...
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

The wife was originally set on a BMW X3, we drove the Q5 2.0T first (cause the dealer is right next to the house), then went and drove the X3 2.8. I honestly did not like the ride of the X. I could feel each shift through the transmission. Then we went to another local Audi dealer, drove the Q5 3.0 and 2.0T back-to-back, and the wife was sold on the 2.0T. So, went back to the original dealer, and got a phenomenal deal. Was even one of the first 5 to buy on Black Friday so we got a really great deal.

The only thing missing in this is the B&O stereo (I have it in my S5). But the sound system's adequate, and to be able to grab it off the lot was key.

Pics forthcoming...
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsec
He swears the Explorer was a much better vehicle. Oh well...

Best joke this year

Last edited by spijun; 12-01-2013 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats on the Audi's!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mmukalian
I gotta say, the pickup in this Q5 is pretty sweet. I test drove both the 3.0 and the 2.0T back-to-back, and while the 3.0 was (obviously) quicker off the line (had that throw-your-head-into-the-headrest-feel) the 2.0T was no slouch, and performed perfect for the wife, and acceptable for me. Gonna spend the rest of the weekend driving it around, helping out the SO figure out the MMI and all the controls. Luckily the '13 S5 has the exact (99%) same setup, so it'll be a breeze.

And I have to say, the whole experience buying this car, on a Black Friday, was one of the best I had. Great day overall!
Thank you for posting. I drove the 2.0 and 3.0 back-to-back too and I couldn't feel that much of a difference. It feels like everyone on here has a 3.0 or SQ5. I was second guessing my 2.0 purchase and feeling lonely in the forum.

I really went with the 2.0 for the fuel savings.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fsufan6000
Thank you for posting. I drove the 2.0 and 3.0 back-to-back too and I couldn't feel that much of a difference. It feels like everyone on here has a 3.0 or SQ5. I was second guessing my 2.0 purchase and feeling lonely in the forum.

Congrats on your new Q5. You are not alone.

Forums like Audiworld, and others, generally attract enthusiasts vs. everyday buyers. A vehicle like the Q5 2.0t is the bread and butter model and probably doesn't attract as many enthusiasts as the other models.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fsufan6000

The fact that I could possibly get 30MPG on highway driving was a big win here. And while I did like the 3.0's speed off the line, if I wanna go fast, I'll hop in the S

Now I just need to find a dog barrier for the cargo area, not the cloth one as they'll chew that to bits.

Quick Reply: Officially an Audi Household