Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign

Received a letter from AoA today stating that my Q5 is to receive a free coolant pump replacement under Service Action 19H1/F1. The letter also stated that the powertrain warranty has been extended to 5 yrs or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

I am a happy camper to know that I can get the new water pump installed and stop being paranoid about a failure on the road. Thank you Audi!

Here's the info from the letter:

Service Action 19H1/F1 - Coolant Pump
In some vehicles, it is possible that a seal inside the coolant pump has the potential to wear out prematurely, causing the seal to leak coolant. As this wear occurs, coolant will leak out of the system causing the Coolant System Malfunction light to illuminate in the instrument panel to alert you. This item affects a limited number of 2009-2011 model year Audi vehicles equipped with 3.0L TFSI, 3.0L TDI and 3.2L TFSI engines. Our records show that your vehicle was built within the production date range of vehicles that may experience this issue.

In order to address this issue, your authorized Audi dealer will replace the coolant pump in your vehicle at no cost to you.

At your convenience, please contact your dealer and arrange for an appointment to have the coolant pump replaced in your vehicle. This service will take about three hours and will be free of charge. Your dealer may need additional time for the preparation of the repair, as well as to accommodate their daily workshop schedule. Your dealer can also address any other concerns you may have with your vehicle at this service visit.

Last edited by audirockz; 03-16-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I received 2 similar letters yesterday as well. But my Q5 actually had the water pump failure, so looks like they offered me a bit more. In addition to the extended powertrain warranty to 5yrs/100k miles, they also offered free AudiCare on my next Audi, plus owner loyalty incentive of up to $3000 (I think this is for all previous owners though). Good to see that they are finally taking responsibility on this.

Letters attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi Water Pump Letters.pdf (164.9 KB, 590 views)
Old 03-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigBluu
I received 2 similar letters yesterday as well. But my Q5 actually had the water pump failure, so looks like they offered me a bit more. In addition to the extended powertrain warranty to 5yrs/100k miles, they also offered free AudiCare on my next Audi, plus owner loyalty incentive of up to $3000 (I think this is for all previous owners though). Good to see that they are finally taking responsibility on this.

Letters attached.
I got the same letter, but my letter says that they will offer me Audicare on my current vehicle + the other two incentives. I didn't purchase audicare when I bought my Q.

A little late but appreciated.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nohcs
I got the same letter, but my letter says that they will offer me Audicare on my current vehicle + the other two incentives. I didn't purchase audicare when I bought my Q.

A little late but appreciated.
I already have AudiCare so that's why they offered it on my next vehicle.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's what I thought...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I hope Audi Canada will do the same

BCD-1
Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi I have Sline 2010 Q5 with production month is MARCH 2010. I have not receive any letter yet and i just check my VIN number on AUDIUSA.com for any recall news, but return nothing so far. Does this mean my Q5 is okay? and by the way i live in NY.....Any advices would be helpful.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Grrrr, still waiting for some letter, and still looking under the Q daily for the inevitable......
Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by billypete
Grrrr, still waiting for some letter, and still looking under the Q daily for the inevitable......
I would think that by now you could just drive into your dealer, get a loaner, and have them replace your water pump, with or without a letter.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got a letter in the mail yesterday offering to extend my warranty to 5 years/100k miles. No other perks. My guess is that because my pump didn't fail, it was replaced ahead of time.

Quick Reply: Official Water Pump Replacement Campaign