Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 Owner - Overwhelmed with a protective addons

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got xpel ppf on my car and I love it. I went to mammoth last weekend and lots of bugs and debris and after just high pressure washing the bugs off and checking the front end I didn't find any blemishes. I like the product so much I'm going this weekend to get the door cups and rear bumper will done. I got full bumper, partial hood, partial fender, headlights, foglights, and mirrors for $675.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigpimpin907
I just got xpel ppf on my car and I love it. I went to mammoth last weekend and lots of bugs and debris and after just high pressure washing the bugs off and checking the front end I didn't find any blemishes. I like the product so much I'm going this weekend to get the door cups and rear bumper will done. I got full bumper, partial hood, partial fender, headlights, foglights, and mirrors for $675.
+1 on the xpel ppf. Mine was about the same price, but included the door cups and rear bumper. Definitely get it from a third party and not the dealer.

Skip the interior snake oil...
Old 02-21-2014, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Clear bra is the ugliest thing you can do to a car !

Just walk the street and look at cars, I can bet you $100 that you can spot all the cars that have clear bras 15 feet away. Then try to spot rock chips from the same distance...

Then decide if you want to ruin the look of your car and waste your money on a clear bra !
Old 02-21-2014, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People are always improving products. Some of the clear bras from 7-10 years ago were not very good. I'd rather have a few rock chips on my car than a nasty off colored plastic film that got chipped and dinged up, just like the paint.

Some of the newer films are fabulous and it's hard to tell it's even on there. But for me, I still drive naked and don't bother with any films. I'm ok with a minor rock chip here and there.

I do more in town driving. If you do a lot of highway at 75-80 mph, and especially on a black car, you probably need film protection more.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
Clear bra is the ugliest thing you can do to a car !

Just walk the street and look at cars, I can bet you $100 that you can spot all the cars that have clear bras 15 feet away. Then try to spot rock chips from the same distance...

Then decide if you want to ruin the look of your car and waste your money on a clear bra !
You always have the option of removing the clear bra and getting it reapplied.

If the line on the hood bothers you, you can get the whole hood wrapped.

The life of a clearbra is 3-4 years depending on how you care for it.

I would rather save the cars original paint and get protection from day one.

I usually do a full detail the day of delivery (I make sure my cars are not prepped by the dealer) and the next day they go in for a clearbra install.

There is nothing better than brand new paint and unpitted headlights.

I am planning on getting the windshield done on the SQ5 as german cars generally have softer glass which is known to pit quite a bit.