Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New Q5 2014 tracking info

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received a call from my dealer and my Q5 TDI has arrived! My long {almost} four month wait is over. My order date was 7/28/13 and the delivery date will be 11/23/13. I will take delivery Saturday morning. I am very excited.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenBear
I received a call from my dealer and my Q5 TDI has arrived! My long {almost} four month wait is over. My order date was 7/28/13 and the delivery date will be 11/23/13. I will take delivery Saturday morning. I am very excited.
Congrats, the wait will have been worth it! Good luck getting any sleep tonight.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi all, new to Audiworld but my wife and I ordered a 2014 Q5! What's the approx time for the car to arrive so far??? I'm located in California. I've heard it range from 8 weeks up to the OP's post of 4 months!!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2013, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by winL
Hi all, new to Audiworld but my wife and I ordered a 2014 Q5! What's the approx time for the car to arrive so far??? I'm located in California. I've heard it range from 8 weeks up to the OP's post of 4 months!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on your order. Mine was 15 weeks and that was to the east coast.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, just picked up my Q5 today.

Euro Delivery order placed in mid-June. Production 7/21. Euro Delivery Pickup in Ingolstadt on 10/9. Dropped off in AMS on 10/19. Boat departed Emden on 10/28, arrived in Houston on 11/12. Arrived in Bellevue, WA on 11/23.

I'm surprised how fast it got from the logistics drop off center to my dealer.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello all...long time lurker, first time poster.

Finally placed an order for a q5 TDI earlier this week and was wondering what sort of documentation people received that had placed an order? I've given my CC info to the dealer for a deposit but he said he won't run it, just hold it for now...what sort of paperwork is typically received during this transaction?
Old 11-27-2013, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

You should receive a copy of the dealers order for your Q5 that you will verify that all is correct.... meaning that all the options you wanted are listed on the order sheet. Also, there will be a commission number, which is the assigned number for your order. Don 't expect a build date just yet. The dealer can estimate when it may occur, but typically it will not be given for several weeks. Also, with the upcoming holidays, the assembly plants will be shut down temporarily, which will affect the build date somewhat.
The dealer should keep you informed throughout the process, and give you any updated information as your order moves along.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mariusstrom
Well, just picked up my Q5 today.

Euro Delivery order placed in mid-June. Production 7/21. Euro Delivery Pickup in Ingolstadt on 10/9. Dropped off in AMS on 10/19. Boat departed Emden on 10/28, arrived in Houston on 11/12. Arrived in Bellevue, WA on 11/23.

I'm surprised how fast it got from the logistics drop off center to my dealer.
Very fast turnaround time indeed. Five weeks after drop-off in Europe is less than half the time Audi says it typically takes. I know another poster from Minnesota whose car arrived in six weeks.

On the other hand, some of us are not quite as fortunate. My drop-off was in Munich on 9/30/13 and the car arrived in Houston on 11/4/13. As far as I know it has not yet arrived in Milwaukee. I am OK with that, because the 8.5 weeks that I have been waiting so far is still well within the original expectation of 11-13 weeks.

For those of you on the fence about whether to experience Euro Delivery, DO IT, despite the long wait to get it home (it is now a little over 6 months since I placed the order). From the factory tour to driving in amazing places, it is well worth the experience despite the wait!
Old 12-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JKOlson
For those of you on the fence about whether to experience Euro Delivery, DO IT, despite the long wait to get it home (it is now a little over 6 months since I placed the order). From the factory tour to driving in amazing places, it is well worth the experience despite the wait!
This. A thousand times, this.

On the face of it from a rational perspective, euro delivery makes no sense at all. You start paying for the car about a month before you see it. It's in transit from Germany to you for several weeks/months before you get it at home. You've owned the car for months without being able to enjoy it every day.

However, the experience is absolutely amazing and overcomes all of that. I'm so glad that my wife & I did this trip. Getting to drive through Germany/BeNeLux with the car and experiencing it as it was intended (Autobahn + old European cities) was awesome. The factory is pretty sweet (mostly A3 focused, but a touch of Q5 at the end).. So awesome.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2014 Q5 TDI order

Ok, just for members info. Negotiated the price with dealer around 11/10, order actually placed 11/18, yet to hear from the dealer anything. I am in Chicago and will post updates about this order. Again, for members info, I am leasing a Q5 and will have to extend the lease. Beware that there are a few things need be done if you are in the same position, such as contacting Audi and let them know, schedule the inspection, etc.

Quick Reply: New Q5 2014 tracking info