Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

New 2015 Q5 TDI warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2015 Q5 TDI warranty

After communicating with Audi customer care and an Audi dealership's service department today, I learned the 10 year extended emissions warranty only applies to previously owned vehicles
that have had the modification. I had assumed that any vehicle new or used that had the modification was covered by the 10 year extended warranty.
I was close to pulling the trigger on a new 2016 Q5 TDI with no miles, but now hold reservations regarding the durability of the fix and it's impact on the emission system and other components.
The sole warranty is the 4 year/48 thousand mile standard new car warranty.
I would appreciate any input or advice.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

On the TDI forum owners reported that they were getting the extended warranty with sold-as-new cars. This is not in keeping with what Audi told you. I’d do a little more checking. I can understand why no extended warranty in this case, as you are not a victim of the earlier cheating in any way. But meanwhile, common sense says that the emissions system fixes might result in shorter lifespan of those parts. Why not check sales of low mileage previously owned vehicles? I lucked into one last year with only 8K miles. They have the warranty. Or, if you like this particular vehicle, perhaps negotiate for an extended warranty that way.

Addendum: rechecked the other forum and don’t see definitively either way. There is this, though:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=12

My newly purchased 2016 came with a booklet fully explaining what is covered with the 10 year 120,000 mile warranty. The same booklet had also been sent to me in the mail pertaining to the 2015 3.0 car I traded in.

Last edited by Mythdoc; 03-19-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bullmensch
After communicating with Audi customer care and an Audi dealership's service department today, I learned the 10 year extended emissions warranty only applies to previously owned vehicles
that have had the modification. I had assumed that any vehicle new or used that had the modification was covered by the 10 year extended warranty.
I was close to pulling the trigger on a new 2016 Q5 TDI with no miles, but now hold reservations regarding the durability of the fix and it's impact on the emission system and other components.
The sole warranty is the 4 year/48 thousand mile standard new car warranty.
I would appreciate any input or advice.
I recently purchased an '16 AUDI A6 TDI w/ 60 miles on the odo. I was given all documents including a 10 year / 120,000 mile emission warranty.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by stealthTDI
I recently purchased an '16 AUDI A6 TDI w/ 60 miles on the odo. I was given all documents including a 10 year / 120,000 mile emission warranty.
did you get a good price on the new one and trade, If applicable? And where abouts?

Last edited by djgainsbond; 03-21-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to know the price on these 'sold-as-new' older Q5 TDI models are going for, too.

It might make an interesting trade in...maybe even a Q7 TDI, too!

Jason
New York
Old 03-22-2018, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Update: confirmed the 10/120 warranty applies to sold as new cars.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JasonJ
I'd like to know the price on these 'sold-as-new' older Q5 TDI models are going for, too.

It might make an interesting trade in...maybe even a Q7 TDI, too!

Jason
New York
Dealers in the Pacific NW are advertising 15% discount. I finagled a 22.8% discount with some effort.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by djgainsbond
did you get a good price on the new one and trade, If applicable? And where abouts?
I paid 54.3k for an '16 A6 with a msrp of 74k w/ 4yrs additional AudiCare. I received a very generous trade-in allowance on my '17 A4 Prestige Quattro. Also you should be aware that there are special financing rates available specifically for these vehicles.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bullmensch
Dealers in the Pacific NW are advertising 15% discount. I finagled a 22.8% discount with some effort.
If at all possible you will need to expand your search parameters to be able to choose from a greater selection of available vehicles. I was able to find a vehicle w/ all the equipment I required at a greatly discounted price by not restricting myself to local dealers w/ their take it or leave attitude.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stealthTDI
If at all possible you will need to expand your search parameters to be able to choose from a greater selection of available vehicles. I was able to find a vehicle w/ all the equipment I required at a greatly discounted price by not restricting myself to local dealers w/ their take it or leave attitude.
If you don't mind me asking how much percent discount did you end up getting?

Quick Reply: New 2015 Q5 TDI warranty