Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

My Q5 2.0T Glacier White - Cinnamon

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Q5 2.0T Glacier White - Cinnamon

So this past weekend I finally got delivery of my Q5 (2.5 Months after ordering) and I spent most of Saturday prepping it. After a good wash I gave it a coat of Hyper Seal and applied leather conditioner throughout the interior, + Vinyl conditioner on the dash. I also sprayed wheel protectant to help repel some of the break dust (boy, people were not exaggerating when they say the breaks generate a lot of dust!)

It unfortunately has been raining cats and dogs over here and had not had the time to do some proper pictures, but I took some quick shots with my iPhone this morning to share with you all.

The iPhone camera does not do it justice, but it gives you a good idea of the effect of the Glacier White. When direct sunlight hits it is pure Metallic White (so for those worried about not having a "white" color, rest assured this is white), on shade you can see just a slight shade of blue on it. You wouldn't really notice unless you have partial sun striking the surface to compare (or next to an Ibis White)

I love the color and effect -which again is very subtle- and I also love the Cinnamon combination

When I have a chance and if weather permits I will shoot some better pictures (didn't want to miss the opportunity to be the first to post a Glacier White Q5!), and post my take on the Q5 compared to my previous ride (BMW 328 Convertible). I know they are two completely different beasts but thats what its interesting from a user experience.
Attached Images      

Last edited by JcMarin; 09-28-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hahha. Beat me to it. My Glacier White comes in next week (though I got the cardamom) and wanted to be first ~

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful ride. Congrats!

I'm now glad I went with the GW as it was ordered without seeing it on a Q.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also...did yours come with the back up camera chip? Someone reported to picking one up this week and, much to everyone's surprise, it had the chip installed and the back up camera was fully functional.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Looks great. Wife was also on the fence between ibis and glacier as we've always gone with metallic paint but due to living in the Seattle area (always grey) we went with the brighter version.

Excellent choice though. Love the glacier/cinnamon combo.

Congrats!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great. Have fun and enjoy!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice, love the color combo.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JcMarin, did your Q5 come with chrome fog rings stock, or those were put on afterwards?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by g8tor20
Also...did yours come with the back up camera chip? Someone reported to picking one up this week and, much to everyone's surprise, it had the chip installed and the back up camera was fully functional.
ordered mine without Nav so no backup camera on it

btw.
I knew I had to post quick or you would beat me to it

Hope you get yours soon and do post pics, I want to see the Cardamom seats!
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by c-dub
JcMarin, did your Q5 come with chrome fog rings stock, or those were put on afterwards?
They are aftermarket I installed

I also had the front windows tinted to match the rear, which definitely helps with the sun down here in S.Florida and looks much better with Matching windows IMHO

Quick Reply: My Q5 2.0T Glacier White - Cinnamon