Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Monsoon Grey or Ibis White?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon Grey or Ibis White?!

Planning to possibly purchase a 2.0T Audi Q5 soon but also considering the X3 but the Q5 definitely looks nicer! Just can't decide on the color?...at first I was thinking Ibis White but now I'm considering Monsoon Grey. I'm planning on purchasing so taking some more time to decide...would appreciate any feedback you could give to help make my decision easier. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I considered Monsoon gray at first but felt that it was too light.
Was hoping for a dark gray color.

In the end, I went with Phantom Black Pearl.

Both Ibis white and Monsoon Gray look good. Just comes down to personal preference. I would go with white between those 2 choices !
Old 03-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have Monsoon Gray on my 2012 Q5. I wash it myself and it hides dirt really well. By the seventh day it its ready for a wash. I am not partial to any one color. Monsoon Grey was just my preferance.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also with the Monsoon Grey and a fresh wash you can see a little blue hue in the Grey. It's really cool.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Monsoon Grey
Old 03-12-2013, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

What colour interior choices do you have?
Old 03-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was going to go for black interior but i'm in california so who knows how hot it'll get but i like the black. I know it comes in a gray interior which i'm curious about but i wear a lot of jeans so i'm worried about maintenance. i actually like the black exterior best on Q5 but i just don't like driving black cars myself, personal preference so it's down to white or the monsoon gray. just wish that monsoon gray were darker.
thanks everyone
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor Head
Also with the Monsoon Grey and a fresh wash you can see a little blue hue in the Grey. It's really cool.
There should also be another white which is also slightly pearlescent. In Canada, it is "Glacier" white.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have Ibis white so I choose Gray for you...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by prosgal73
I was going to go for black interior but i'm in california so who knows how hot it'll get but i like the black. I know it comes in a gray interior which i'm curious about but i wear a lot of jeans so i'm worried about maintenance. i actually like the black exterior best on Q5 but i just don't like driving black cars myself, personal preference so it's down to white or the monsoon gray. just wish that monsoon gray were darker.
thanks everyone
We got the Monsoon Grey, and it's quite beautiful. It's fairly dark, as in it's not a lighter grey, and it is extremely strong metallic. In the light it's a brilliant cool tone. In the dark, it is dark ink. We were posed with a choice, at the time we got our 3.0T, between the one we got, which just arrived off the boat, and another similar model in Glacier White. In person, it was never even close. And I actually really liked the Q in white - especially with those cool 20" "off road" package wheels they sometimes came with. But the Monsoon was just so sublime. It's funny, too, because it's on a ton of Audi models around town. But it just looks that much nicer on the bolder Q5 and Q7.

Last edited by dougnash; 03-12-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Monsoon Grey or Ibis White?!