Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

MMI POINTS OF INTEREST UPDATES

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI POINTS OF INTEREST UPDATES

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OFTEN AUDI UPDATES THE POINTS OF INTEREST CONTENT? I HAVE A 2012 AND RESTAURANTS AND STORES BUILT IN THE LAST 3 YEARS ARE NOT IN IT. IT IS A TERRIBLE SYSTEM. YOU CAN'T JUST FREE TEXT IN A NAME OF A PLACE LIKE IN MY ACURA. YOU NEED TO ENTER A CITY OR MORE INFO. IF I KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T NEED TO USE THE NAV. ACURA'S NAV BLOWS THIS AWAY AND OFFERS AN UPDATE EVERY YEAR.

2012 Q5 3.2 PREM+ MMI BO
Old 11-19-2011, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Fellini94
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OFTEN AUDI UPDATES THE POINTS OF INTEREST CONTENT? I HAVE A 2012 AND RESTAURANTS AND STORES BUILT IN THE LAST 3 YEARS ARE NOT IN IT. IT IS A TERRIBLE SYSTEM. YOU CAN'T JUST FREE TEXT IN A NAME OF A PLACE LIKE IN MY ACURA. YOU NEED TO ENTER A CITY OR MORE INFO. IF I KNEW THAT I WOULDN'T NEED TO USE THE NAV. ACURA'S NAV BLOWS THIS AWAY AND OFFERS AN UPDATE EVERY YEAR.

2012 Q5 3.2 PREM+ MMI BO
First of all welcome to the Audi Forums and, do turn your caps lock off when you type. It's like yelling if you keep it on.

As we all know the Q5's nav system is well, honestly subpar. Entry and search is difficult and the maps are outdated. As for updates? None so far. Audi says ask Navtaq, Navtaq says ask Audi. Ball is being kicked around back and forth. When will we get an update? Nobody knows. Audi just don't want you to get distracted while driving.

By the mean time, stick with your smartphone.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Use alternative methods, such as smartphones, if it helps. But please, PLEASE< take the time to complain to Audi. You just purchased a $3k package on a "luxury brand" car that costs $40k+ that uses a technology and data that is almost 5 years out of date.

Hardly "luxury" technology and they won't do anything if no one complains.

Too few of us are doing it, but we are - join us - don't expect other consumers to get everything fixed. Get off the couch, locate the proper email address, and give 'em hell (so to speak).
Old 11-20-2011, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know that's an excellent point, the lack of an update doesn't stress me out that much so I haven't really bothered to complain about it. However you are completely right, we spent a lot of money for this option and they can't even be bothered to update it so I just sent AOA an e-mail.

BTW the one time the lack of a nav update bit us was recently in Las Vegas. We asked for directions to the nearest WF ATM and it took us to the empty parking lot of Levi's. I doubt the ATM had been there for years since the building was not brand new. I did include this example in the e-mail.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In Europe the update maps once a year:
http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/servi...ionsdaten.html
I have maps of Europe 2009, 2010, 2011
I really do not know why it is not in the U.S.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Acura and Honda have one of the best navi system in the market. Audi's Navi is not as good, but then the car itself is 10 times better.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmiller31
You know that's an excellent point, the lack of an update doesn't stress me out that much so I haven't really bothered to complain about it. However you are completely right, we spent a lot of money for this option and they can't even be bothered to update it so I just sent AOA an e-mail.

BTW the one time the lack of a nav update bit us was recently in Las Vegas. We asked for directions to the nearest WF ATM and it took us to the empty parking lot of Levi's. I doubt the ATM had been there for years since the building was not brand new. I did include this example in the e-mail.
what is the AOA email address? I would like to join in sending them one also.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/a...tact_audi.html
Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is a reply that I just received from NAVTEQ in questioning map/poi updates for the Q5. Notice how they don't say where to find the updates. Also, in my inquiry I never said that I had a 2009. I think that breeze that I am feeling is smoke!

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ. Your 2009 Audi Q5 came equipped with the newest maps currently available. At this time, the release date of the next update has not been officially announced. Generally updates are released every 12-18 months. If you would like to be notified when new releases or special promotions become available, please register with us at www.navteq.com/registration.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,

NAVTEQ Customer Service
P.O. Box 1588
Orem, UT 84059
nabc_english@navteq.com

--- Original Message ---
Received: 11/18/11 8:14:54 AM MST
To: <webstore_NA@navteq.com>
Subject: AudiNorthAmerica Web Store Question

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR width="100%" SIZE=1></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left>Title: Mr.
First Name: John
Last Name: Caravello
Comments: Where are the annual map/poi updates for the Q5. It's criminal if there hasn't been one since 2009.
Category of Request: Current Map Information
Please keep me informed when new maps are available: No
Please help us by identifying your navigation system:
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4><HR width="100%" SIZE=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Old 11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got another follow up call from my long ago query to Audi about my maps....

they've been very good about researching and playing the good customer service rep, but each time they take 15 minutes to explain all the contacts they made, etc... my skirt billows up from the 'smoke' too

bottom line - no update - and no mention of when -
(fyi - my garmins just got their second map update of the year - from navteq!)

Quick Reply: MMI POINTS OF INTEREST UPDATES