Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Lease help/tips

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lease help/tips

Today was the first time I started to just get an idea of how much it would be to lease the Q5, so I was talking to one dealer and this is what he quoted through online chat 2014 msrp 41,250,
heated setas sunroof and some other small things.

Money factor was like .00199 (about 4.7%) and residual of 55%
200 down, coming out to be $650 with taxes.

I know the money factor is high and residual is also low.

I wanted to know is this what others are getting? or what kinds of deals are you guys getting out there.

One thing I like about the BMW forum is that there is a lot of info about lease , current prices paid and lease deals. In this forum not so much. It would be great to hear from the leasing experts in this forum. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

In Delaware there is only one dealer so he may not budge, so I am also looking at PA dealers who might be more willing to negotiate. Any dealer recommendations?
Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

From what I understand, Audi FS will add a percent to the negotiated residual if you add AudiCare. It general pays for itself then.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

What is Audi FS?
Since i just got one response, i am assuming most of you folks here finance you cars and not lease.

Can you guys recommend any other forum where i can get more info on prices paid, discounts on leases etc for the Q5.

I want to make sure when I go tomorrow that I have some knowledge of what they are talking in terms of numbers etc for the lease.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sid369
What is Audi FS?
Since i just got one response, i am assuming most of you folks here finance you cars and not lease.

Can you guys recommend any other forum where i can get more info on prices paid, discounts on leases etc for the Q5.

I want to make sure when I go tomorrow that I have some knowledge of what they are talking in terms of numbers etc for the lease.
your better off waiting for promos or deals. Leasing is not the best option if your planning to save money.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 383 Likes on 344 Posts

What is Audi FS?

Audi Financial Services.

Since you have only a single dealership in your state, I suspect that will affect the type of deal you get. You should expand your search area.

Leases deals aren't what they used to be. People certainly still lease, but residual values are so much lower than in the past, and that drives your pmt up Doing a long-term conventional finance may be a better alternative.

You should be able to go onto Edmunds, etc. to get retail vs. invoice pricing and available incentives. I would also use Cars.com and the Audi USA website to find the vehicle you want, sitting on someone's lot within a distance you are willing to travel...even if that involves a plane flight. I believe you're going to get the best deal that way.

I'm surrounded by Audi dealers and it's not much of a challenge to get the deal you want.

Welcome aboard, Sid!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi Financial Service. Who you'll be leasing from (unless you can get third party lease which is pretty rare).

I have no specific Audi advice (other than the AudiCare tip), but you can get general info about the inner details of lease deals and how to evaluate dealer offers from this site:

http://www.leaseguide.com/

And my only advice I can give is don't step one foot into the dealership until after you have negotiated the details of the lease with them via email/phone. If you sit down in the finance office before that, they win.

As far as "price" negotiation. Start from invoice and work up. Here is the invoice price (from edmunds.com) of the car I ordered and accessories:

Code:
$43,247     Base Price 
 $3,301     Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package
 $3,257     S Line Plus Package 
   $467     Sport Interior Package 
   $791     Bang & Olufsen Sound System 
   $467     Audi Side Assist 
     $0     Front Grille Filler Panel 
   $467     Scuba Blue Metallic 
   $895     Destination Fee
For a total invoice price of $52,892

The final negotiated price was $53,697 plus tax, tag, title, a dealer fee of $499.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What is Audi FS?

Check out the consumer discussions on the Edmunds Q5 page: http://www.edmunds.com/audi/q5/2014/...scussions.html