Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Intransit Tracking Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intransit Tracking Help

I am awaiting delivery of a Q5 in the Midwest.
I have been provided a Communication # & Vin #
Dealer has provided the following:
Departed Port on Oct 26, 2011
Off-loading (delivery)Port is Houston
Anticipated arrival date at Port in Houston is Nov 17 (or week thereof).
Dealer has resisted (although requested)providing other info including the name of the transporting Vessel or Port of departure.
I have tried to piece the above info into various sites suggested, in order to locate info on the name of the transporting ship, status etc, respecting my order; to no avail!!
Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It sounds like your car could be on the same boat as mine, the Cougar Ace. My car was to be at the departure port by Oct. 26th, and it was supposed to depart Germany (Emden) on Oct. 28th, but was delayed, and left on Oct. 31 instead. The Cougar Ace is due in Davisville RI on Nov. 11, and then will go on to Houston for Nov. 16-17. As of this afternoon, the Cougar Ace was off the coast of Nova Scotia.

The dealer will not have the name of the boat, as it doesn't show in their system. The only thing they see is "in transit." Knowing your VIN and your commission number, you can call Audi of America, and they will get you the name of the boat.

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 11-09-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my case....AofA couldn't really help me. They said they can only provide the info to the dealer.

My AofA rep did the leg work though and told the dealer. My sales guy then called me with the info. Weird chain of command but eventually I got it.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by g8tor20
In my case....AofA couldn't really help me. They said they can only provide the info to the dealer.

My AofA rep did the leg work though and told the dealer. My sales guy then called me with the info. Weird chain of command but eventually I got it.

Good luck!
That's very strange. Every vehicle we've ordered through Audi we've been given the information by calling Audi of America. This past week when I called for the name of the boat our current order is on, the woman responded, "no problem, we love enthusiasts!", when I asked her if she'd be able to provide me the information.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah...guess it depends who you get. I was very polite and so was the rep. She just said she has to go through the dealer or something to that affect. I didn't push the issue but I got it the next day through my sales guy (who thought I was crazy asking for the name of a ship)
Old 11-09-2011, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Quick search right on this site Well, I did bookmark this as it pretty much helped me track the car across the Atlantic.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2809782
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
It sounds like your car could be on the same boat as mine, the Cougar Ace. My car was to be at the departure port by Oct. 26th, and it was supposed to depart Germany (Emden) on Oct. 28th, but was delayed, and left on Oct. 31 instead. The Cougar Ace is due in Davisville RI on Nov. 11, and then will go on to Houston for Nov. 16-17. As of this afternoon, the Cougar Ace was off the coast of Nova Scotia.

The dealer will not have the name of the boat, as it doesn't show in their system. The only thing they see is "in transit." Knowing your VIN and your commission number, you can call Audi of America, and they will get you the name of the boat.
Thanks,
What system are you using to track? I tried this morning through Marinetraffic.com & vesseltracker.com, & was not sucessful. The Cougar Ace should be in port @ Davisville, but I could not locate!
BTW: Audi Of Am contacted the dealer & told me (AOA told me) they DID NOT have the name of the ship!!!Interesting!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dong
Thanks,
What system are you using to track? I tried this morning through Marinetraffic.com & vesseltracker.com, & was not sucessful. The Cougar Ace should be in port @ Davisville, but I could not locate!
BTW: Audi Of Am contacted the dealer & told me (AOA told me) they DID NOT have the name of the ship!!!Interesting!
Oops! today is the 10th. Due in port at Davisville tomorrow the 11th!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Can anyone add any enlightenment to the transit process for delivery to Seattle, WA?

From what I've read, it seems like San Diego is the West Coast destination port, but wasn't sure if it was truck or rail from there (and what the timeline would be).
Old 11-10-2011, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dong
Thanks,
Interesting to hear that others aren't able to get the ship name when requesting it from AoA. As I posted previously, they have always given that information to us when we requested it.

I have been using this website to follow the boat:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shi...MMSI=563329000

On the left you'll see "last position received" and by clicking on the coordinates, it will take you to a google map with the maritime information displayed over it.

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 11-10-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Intransit Tracking Help