Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Interior Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Interior Lights

Funny thing about the interior lights i just figured out. Its funny how the guys at audi get their cars to work to help us out. I noticed that regular driving, lights off, the dash is backlit in that white color. However when you enter a dark area like a tunnel or a garage, those lights turn off so you can only see the needles. This is to tell you that its dark out, you need to put your lights on! I thought this was a good feature by audi so you don't drive with your lights off in the dark!
Old 09-13-2009, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never noticed that because mine are always on automatic. Why not just put yours on auto?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1
Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Never noticed that because mine are always on automatic. Why not just put yours on auto?
at night time when i use my lights i put them on auto. i prefer to have control over when they go on and off in the daytime. i like auto at night so when i get out the car, the courtesy lights are on. during dusk i like to drive with my parking lights on and my fog lights. i wish the auto spot was to the left of the off. this way you can go to parking with out passing auto. it helps when you need to sneak out of somewhere and don't want to turn your lights on.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can just leave it in auto and adjust the auto on sensitivity.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
+1
Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
at night time when i use my lights i put them on auto. i prefer to have control over when they go on and off in the daytime. i like auto at night so when i get out the car, the courtesy lights are on. during dusk i like to drive with my parking lights on and my fog lights. i wish the auto spot was to the left of the off. this way you can go to parking with out passing auto. it helps when you need to sneak out of somewhere and don't want to turn your lights on.
I guess the difference between you and me is that I don't have to sneak out of anywhere.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I always leave mine on auto, but had a situation where this came in handy. After I got my car detailed, the switch had been turned from Auto to Off without my realizing it. I was leaving a winery dinner and didn't notice my lights were off until I hit a dark part of the road and saw that there were no gauge backlights.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
lol good point, I actually disabled the locking acknowledge tone a few times to sneak back into my house at night, and the DRLs when I need to sneak out at night

Quick Reply: Interior Lights