Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

If you didnt alread own an Audi, Would you buy one now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by onojoe
My wife and I finally decided on a Q5. That was before the whole VW/Audi diesel issue came up. Given the current state of the companies, would you buy an audi now? To complicate things more, I was leaning towards the TDI
yes - but I would never buy a tdi.

The gas engines are so much better and greener.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Redd
Don't know. My last car had an ignition key, in an ignition cylinder, and if you turned that off--the steering column very definitely LOCKED. No connection to the transmission at all.

I'm not in a hurry to find out what this one would do, but if I ever get really interested, I'll find the solenoid that locks the gear shift at all sorts of ill-planned times and gut it entirely. You know, so I can start without a foot on the brake. Or shift between drive and neutral when leaving the car wash rack. All those little things that a DRIVER is capable of doing, unassisted.
It might be best to wait until the car is out of warranty before implementing any "fixes".
Old 11-05-2015, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the 3.0t and love it.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rault18
I chose the 3.0t and love it.
the same here. I would like better however the A6 based allroad, either 3.0T or the TDI but we are talking serious premium on those.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2015 3.0T owner here. I love my car and would make the same purchase again and again. I have zero regrets.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My wife and I finally decided on a Q5. That was before the whole VW/Audi diesel issue came up. Given the current state of the companies, would you buy an audi now? To complicate things more, I was leaning towards the TDI
My wife and I have been driving TDI VW/Audi's for the last 11 years. I am not sure I would have purchased my first VW in 2004, or my most recent Audi A6 in 2016 if the TDI option was not available. Another factor influencing our most recent upgrades to Audi(2015Q5,2016A6) was the availability to choose European Delivery, which we did with both. I would not trade those great memory's. Truthfully when VW 2.0 liter diesel scandal was announced I was annoyed, but since my 2010 TDI Jetta Sport Wagon is an extra car, I could afford to wait it out. Now that the 2 Audi's are involved, and at some point my 09 TDI Touareg. I am feeling a lot less love for the VW/AUDI brand. Not to mention a less than stealer experience with the Audi dealer during this last purchase. This is leaving my thoughts of returning to the brand in the future doubtful. I would consider European Delivery of a BMW or Mercedes Diesel. I am also quite intrigued with the new GMC Canyon Diesel to replace the Touareg. To answer the question "Would you buy one now" NO!! I am afraid I am done with VW/AUDI!!!! DieselGate has done me in.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd definately buy another Audi but never a diesel. I have never liked diesel and wouldn't buy one from any manufacturer. Gas all the way!
Old 12-08-2015, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Given the current state of the companies, would you buy an audi now?
yes and i did... two weeks ago i purchased one and got a great price.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes, I would buy an Audi diesel.

I do not condone the behavior of the VW group who allowed the criminal deception regarding their diesels to occur. However, my criticism is directed to these scoundrels and not to the actual lines of automobiles.

In my estimation, Audi products reek with elegance, performance, luxury and comfort. Their diesels are no exception to my findings.

I do not buy cars with the thought of future resale value. I buy cars on the basis of desire and immediate need. So far, the values of my Audi’s when sold to individuals or at time of trade-in have all been excellent.

The Audi product meets both my desire and need. My signature displays my pleasure and experience with Audi automobiles.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 AM
TTG
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthValley
I'd definately buy another Audi but never a diesel. I have never liked diesel and wouldn't buy one from any manufacturer. Gas all the way!
+1

If it was for me we would have a X5 in the garage but the other half wanted the Q5.

I would NEVER pay more for a diesel car or for diesel itself as long as I live in the US. Americans have it the wrong way. (Yes there are some areas where diesel is closer or cheaper than gas etc etc)

Gas all the way!!!!

Quick Reply: If you didnt alread own an Audi, Would you buy one now?