Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How long on average from order to delivery these days?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered Dec 20, at port Mar 7, then dealership Mar 11. she was supposed to be built in Production Week 7, but was already on a ship as of Feb 5. i stalked the ship through the Panama Canal cameras (saved tons of screenshots ) on Feb 25.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 8 weeks, 3 days here...

Originally Posted by big residual
Ordered Mar-16, built Apr-7, onloaded ~4/15, offloaded ~May-15, picked up at dealer May-23. Just under 10 weeks, but they highjacked an existing factory order and reconfigured it to ours. Pickup was within 4 days of the date I was originally quoted at the time I signed the order.
Same here, except those four days were early, rather than late.
They modified an in-house order for me, about a week before production.
It was ordered on March 11th, and the salesman told me that delivery would be mid-May.
He called on May 9th and told me to "come get it."
So, my wait time was eight weeks and three days.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Doesn't look like any rhyme or reason for order to delivery times based on the above posts.

I ordered my 2015 A6 Prem Plus 3.0 Quattro on 7/6 - delivery was 9 weeks later
Old 10-16-2014, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ordered on a Thursday picked it up on Friday.
They had exactly what we wanted, even the color. Only extra was the tow package which we dont need but again it was on the lot.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 'Ski
Doesn't look like any rhyme or reason for order to delivery times based on the above posts.
The biggest variables are the dealer's allocations (do they have an order they can change, do they have a free allocation, do you have to wait until next month's allocations) and the production schedule (when will the factory be building cars like yours). Though mine hung out in Emden letting several ships pass it by for some reason, still no clue what that was about. If you're lucky then you can get an existing order modified, have it slotted into a very soon production cycle, and then be on its way. If you're unlucky you're waiting for allocations for your order to go in, and will have just missed getting into production and will have to wait until the next time they're working on your configuration, which will be after a month-long shutdown.

Generally 2-3 months is the time range everyone should normally be looking at (at least in the US, sorry for your issues NorthValley ), with outside cases being under or over. Mine took around 3.5 months and my order was able to be placed immediately as the dealer had open allocations, but it did deal with August shutdown and A3 production focus. Expect 3 months, hope for 2.