Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

How about Cilajet on a brilliant black Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about Cilajet on a brilliant black Q5?

I've started to develop a friendly relationship with the Sales Manager at the Audi dealership I purchased my Q5. He is suggesting that I use a product, his dealership will apply, called Cilajet. I had never heard of it when he mentioned it today. Since then, I've done a google search and am getting mixed reviews. I have a problem with bird crap and tree sap on my vehicles. The dealer says it retails for $1400 (yikes) but he'll sell it to me for $1000. My first reaction was you already got me once with the price of the Q5....now your going after me again.

Does anyone have any experience with this product. It has a 10 year warranty that is transferable.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

After 3 coats of Zaino wax on my car, nothing will stick. I get road tar on it all the time with the road work around here and it comes right off. If that won't work....stop parking under that tree. : )
Old 06-16-2011, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do it!

There is no magic regarding paint contamination protection. The best you can do, shy of parking somewhere else, is a good polymer sealant. There are plenty on the market. I, too, am a Zaino user. But there are plenty of alternatives. Also, keep quick detailer and a microfiber in the car for those emergency clean ups.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Another vote for Zaino. Buy 75 bucks worth of Zaino and an afternoon's worth of elbow grease and I'd put it up against anything.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by S4Bloom
Don't do it!

There is no magic regarding paint contamination protection. The best you can do, shy of parking somewhere else, is a good polymer sealant. There are plenty on the market. I, too, am a Zaino user. But there are plenty of alternatives. Also, keep quick detailer and a microfiber in the car for those emergency clean ups.
+1
errr wait, +2 now
Old 06-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tried them all. Order a bottle of Rejex and you will never look back
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Grocery Getter
Tried them all. Order a bottle of Rejex and you will never look back
Thanks for the reference....
researched and ordered but read this:
"Shake well and apply to a clean, dry surface that is cool to the touch. Do not apply in direct sunlight or in temperatures greater than 85° F. "

Dang, Here in Texus I will have to wait until winter to apply it

Sometimes after 10 pm it gets below 85 !!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S4Bloom
Don't do it!

Thanks S4Bloom and the rest. I am hesitant to hand this over to the dealer, especially at the high cost. I plan to look into the options being discussed on this thread. I appreciate the comments.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I need to try this Zaino stuff. I spend 4 hours doing the Meguiars 3 step process.. clean, polish and wax and my Deep sea blue never looked better.. until I drove it around the next day and it had a fine coating of dust. It seems to suck dust out of the air... almost like electroplating.. dustoplating. It's easy to get the dust off but would prefer not to have to do it at all.

Is that because of the Wax? and Zaino/Rejex would work better since they are sealants?
Old 06-17-2011, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't do it!

I use these products and they are all great. Customer service is excellent.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/

Quick Reply: How about Cilajet on a brilliant black Q5?