Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Hope for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hope for 2011

Just a little good news for those who are on the fence or are having issues with the Q. Im at 5500 miles now, 2011, and knock on wood, have had zero problems. Both DRLs are going strong, no water pump issues ect. I have noticed that i have the rear squeek now and will be fixing it soon. I did my 5000 oil change and the dealer said all is good.

Only complaint is that Audi North (in Houston) gave me a piece of crap loaner even when i made an appt days in advance. They said they were building up their fleet and were using enterprise rent a car. I think its a consipiricy, but oh well. Second issue was when they washed the car after the oil change, they swirled my paint. With my black Q its very easy to see this. My service guy is working on making it right and i have an appt next week for a buff job in the body shop. I chewed his butt and told him that my trust is shot, if the shop screwed up something as simple as a car wash. So we shall see. Im hoping all it takes is a good buffing.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to put in your file with the dealer to Never wash vehicle. I learned that lesson a long time ago.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People sitting on the fence are well outside the time frame for the issues you mention ... as is your car.
Still it is always good to read the happy reviews, not least it helps keep the spreadsheet up to date knowing I havent missed something.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy911
Just a little good news for those who are on the fence or are having issues with the Q. Im at 5500 miles now, 2011, and knock on wood, have had zero problems. Both DRLs are going strong, no water pump issues ect. I have noticed that i have the rear squeek now and will be fixing it soon. I did my 5000 oil change and the dealer said all is good.

Only complaint is that Audi North (in Houston) gave me a piece of crap loaner even when i made an appt days in advance. They said they were building up their fleet and were using enterprise rent a car. I think its a consipiricy, but oh well. Second issue was when they washed the car after the oil change, they swirled my paint. With my black Q its very easy to see this. My service guy is working on making it right and i have an appt next week for a buff job in the body shop. I chewed his butt and told him that my trust is shot, if the shop screwed up something as simple as a car wash. So we shall see. Im hoping all it takes is a good buffing.
Similar experience as you with the loaner vehicle. Got my 5K last week and Rusnak Audi (Pasadena CA) uses Enterprise for their loaners. I posted elsewhere about the car (09 A4) it was literally unsafe to drive. Meanwhile someone in my building had a 2011 328 loaner from the local BMW dealer. What a huge difference. In that case you wouldn't mind if they had the car for an extra day if need be. Audi service needs to step up their operation. Enterprise is a joke. They put some woman ahead of me in a Ford haha.

Thx to the members on here I told the tech to skip the car wash. Glad I did. One less thing they can screw up.