Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Got into an accident with 2013 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got into an accident with 2013 Q5

Hi everyone.

I just got into a major accident few days ago with my 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T prestige.

I accidently hit a car parked on the street, my car almost ran over it, then the car flipped over to the driver side.

The driver side has been severely damaged, the right front has been damage severely as well and suspensions are broken.

The initial impression from the auto body shop which has taken my car in is that it may be considered totaled as suspension broke, and the airbag popped out. As it is quattro, it is going to cost alot to fix.

I was driving at about 35mph I believe.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to show you guys but I didn't have the time to take pictures after neighbors helped me out of the car and police and ambulance came up to me. I just didn't have taking pictures in my mind.

I wanted to write this because I just wanted to share with you guys who owns Q5 just like I did.

I just wanted to say despite the horrible accident I just had, my body is totally fine. Everyone told me that if it was some other car with basic protections, I may have been severely injured. Luckily, I only have a small bruise on my left arm, and all my body is perfectly fine.

I do feel incredibly depressed right now. I've never been involved in an accident in my life. No it's not "I'm going to kill myself" depression. It's more like because I just lost my most beloved car I ever bought.

Many of my close friends are saying it was a miracle I survived without any injuries. I personally think it was Audi that saved me. Or money saved me if you will.

I just wanted to say you guys bought a great car. It saved my life. I thought about what would've happened if the same happened with my previous Mazda 6, and I don't even want to think about it.

Thank you for reading.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident. Having any kind of accident with the car is scary and disruptive. So glad that you are okay - that's all that really matters. It's encouraging to hear that the Q did it's job of protecting it's occupant.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your guardian angel was working overtime. Fortunately, you came away unscathed for the most part, only your ego bruised the most. Our Audis are engineered to keep us from being badly injured in an accident and your incident proves it. Your car can be replaced and your insurance will take care of the other car's owner.
Put this behind you, let go of your depression. Look forward to getting another Q5 and brighter days ahead. This is just a bump in the road as they say.......and you'll be laughing about it within a couple of weeks.
It could have been worse: friend of mine had the same accident, but he hit a parked police car.....and the officer was in the car.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's great to hear that you're ok as that's what really matters! Just out of curiosity, what caused you to hit the parked car?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry to hear about your crash. I totaled my 2013 3.2 S-line a few months ago as well. Walked away without a scratch. Loved that car... and I was sad afterwards too.

The nice thing is I threw some more money at the issue and am picking up my new 2014 SQ5 this afternoon! So hang in there.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thinktwice
It's great to hear that you're ok as that's what really matters! Just out of curiosity, what caused you to hit the parked car?
I want to know too.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've heard stories of Passats rolling down embankments and the drivers getting out with only minor bruising. VAG makes good, solid cars. You certainly hope that you won't need it, but at least it won't fold in on itself if you do get into those sorts of situations.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I too am glad to hear you're all in one piece. I hope you can quickly move forward and get a great replacement for your 2013 Q5. Remember, the 2014s are on the dealers' lots right now; I'm sure one of those would be very good medicine for you. Steve
Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was moping around because some dude just drilled a hole trough my cargo area into my battery. I could only image what this would be like. Best of luck to you and hang in there.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you everyone for your kind words.
It was my first ever accident in my 10 years of driving experience.

I just went to the auto body shop where my car was held, and when I saw it again I couldn't say a word for a while.

The guy there told me with a car damaged like that, it wouldn't be surprising if I got any part of the body badly injured. Thankfully, the Q5 protected me incredibly well. He also said if I would have to buy another car, it would be Q5 as it saved me. He said it is best that it would be totaled as repairing it will take forever.

As for how the accident happened, while my memory is bit mixed up since I don't know what I saw, but I was driving early in the morning around 6AM. I was working the night before since next day was Saturday. I also decided to have a meal with coffee before I went back home. Then around 6:40AM in the morning, I believe I saw a car light heading towards me. But since I was sleepy, I didn't realize it until it came very close to me, which then I quickly turned my handle and hit the car parked on the street. Q5 being quattro, the right tire ran on top of the car(the parked car was a very low sedan), then I stopped the car, and it tilted over to the driver side.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense. English isn't my first language...

As for buying another Q5, while I would want to so bad, I'm now worried about my auto insurance price skyrocketing...I never had any tickets from police(except few parking tickets) so this is pretty much my first ever dent in my driving experience.

I just wanted to mention this in this forum because Q5 really saved me. It's an incredible car. I would recommend it to anyone who ever wants to buy luxury SUV.

Quick Reply: Got into an accident with 2013 Q5