Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Four Year Sirius Traffic Sub Ended Already

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Four Year Sirius Traffic Sub Ended Already [Resolved]

My 2013 Q5 has the MMI Navigation package that comes with a four year subscription to SiriusXM Traffic. My Radio trial ended today, and with that my traffic subscription ended. I contacted SiriusXM. After going round-and-round with them about only one ESN/Radio ID (similar issues on the forums) and being transferred a few times they said they could not help me and to contact the dealer.

Email into Audi USA and I will be at the dealer for another issue Monday where I will ask them to look into it.

I'll update what I learn. Any similar issues from anyone yet?

-- EDIT - Resolved - 03/05/13 --

Here is what happened:

I emailed AoA (see email response below). AoA called me on Monday to assure me they would work with Sirius and my dealer to correct the issue.

Sirius posted in this thread asking me to email them. I did.

My salesman emailed me on Monday to get an understanding of the issue. He was not much help, but I didn't expect him to be. AoA forwarded my issue to him and he was following up.

Today (Tuesday) Sirius called and emailed me. I missed the call and called Anne back. She was very helpful and reset my trials to four years of Traffic and 90 days of Radio (bonus). All I had to do was go to the car and call this 'reset' number and they updated my subscription on my unit. (Everything worked under one ESN). This callback and solution originated from my email to them as they requested in this thread.

Everything is working as expected. I am glad that Sirius was able to correct the problem. To me, it is better then AoA correcting the issue. I expected AoA to be on my side, but Sirius showed me they also care. I appreciate that.

All in all it was just a minor inconvenience. I just hope that my Traffic still works in 91 days.........

Last edited by zeus48; 03-05-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Resolved
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I like the 24hr response. We'll see what happens.

AoA:Thank you for contacting Audi of America. We understand you are seeking information regarding the shut off of your free Sirius traffic subscription. Please know we are more than happy to assist you as a valued member of the Audi family.

We will be researching your concern fully in order to retain you as a satisfied Audi Customer. The free traffic subscription should be for 4 years. We will be reaching out to Sirius Satellite Radio in order to resolve this on your behalf. We will then be reaching out to you within 2 business days to discuss your concern further.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you. If you require additional assistance before we contact you, please feel free to contact us directly at the Audi Customer Experience Center at 1-800-822-2834. We are available 7 days a week/24 hours a day for your convenience.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have found that dealing with Sirius customer service is almost pointless. They out source most their call centers to over seas and those people have no ability to get anything done. And then most the US based customer service people are mainly just service related people and cant seem to do much on the billing side. My wife and I just dropped them all together and said the headaches with billing and horrible customer service wasn't worth it. Not to mention the traffic updates for use were almost never right. Google and the apple App on our iPhones were more accurate with traffic then Sirius. We also have issues with every time we go under an over pass or a large sign the radio signal dies about 3 seconds later for about 10 seconds. That got old fast. We also do a lot of driving and it seems most stations start looping songs after 60-90 mins. We were super excited to have a vehicle with built in Sirius, but it ended in disappointment for us. :-( But i will say I have a bunch of friends that love.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ugh. Sirius was, and is, the greatest disappointment. We have it on another car, and now on the new Q.

I'm not sure what's worse - that their playlist rotation is more pathetic than KROQ, or that they're streaming 32kbps garbage quality music (and that's being generous).

Suffice it to say, when the six-month trial ends on our Q, that will be the end of it.

Originally Posted by hookooehoo
I have found that dealing with Sirius customer service is almost pointless. They out source most their call centers to over seas and those people have no ability to get anything done. And then most the US based customer service people are mainly just service related people and cant seem to do much on the billing side. My wife and I just dropped them all together and said the headaches with billing and horrible customer service wasn't worth it. Not to mention the traffic updates for use were almost never right. Google and the apple App on our iPhones were more accurate with traffic then Sirius. We also have issues with every time we go under an over pass or a large sign the radio signal dies about 3 seconds later for about 10 seconds. That got old fast. We also do a lot of driving and it seems most stations start looping songs after 60-90 mins. We were super excited to have a vehicle with built in Sirius, but it ended in disappointment for us. :-( But i will say I have a bunch of friends that love.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Now that Sirius has a new owner I keep hoping he will break it into two companies again and XM can compete with Sirius. The lack of competition has hurt that merger
Old 03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Agree. But I like Sirius Traffic. Helps me on my commute.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I guess the 4 year XM Traffic subscription is "free" as long as a regular Sirus/XM subscription is active also??
Old 03-03-2013, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
So I guess the 4 year XM Traffic subscription is "free" as long as a regular Sirus/XM subscription is active also??
It's free regardless of whether you have a radio subscription active, but from what everyone's said, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to realize there's not a separate ID for the traffic portion and so it's hard to have just traffic, at least after the radio subscription ends.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by idale
It's free regardless of whether you have a radio subscription active, but from what everyone's said, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to realize there's not a separate ID for the traffic portion and so it's hard to have just traffic, at least after the radio subscription ends.
I had this same issue with my 13 Touareg! Sirius customer service told me Its not possible to have four years of free traffic without a radio subscription. I finally gave up and contacted the Touareg executive care team who managed to correct the issue with Sirius. Apparently 1 radio ID is new and traffic used to require two radio IDs. This was clearly not communicated well to Sirius employees.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had similar issue with 2011 Q5. It came with 3 month trial.
But since I was doing ED, the trial would be over by the time the car arrives from Europe. Audi (both dealer and ED Department) assured me that the trial will be started once I pick up the car in US.
Well that didn't happen ;-) And the trial was over when I got my car. After many many calls to dealer, audi(multiple levels of support), emails to audi people. everyone said that it's not possible to get a new "trial".
It wasn't about the $30. It was about the face that they promised something and didn't deliver.
So after few weekds of going back and forth with audi and sirius I finally called Audi in Ingolstadt. I explained the issue. They apologized and said that I should consider this issue solved.
20 minutes after that call I got call from some high-up in AoA, apologizing as well. She said that my Sirius has been activated for 1 year at no charge. I was supper happy. Too bad it took someone from Germany to pull the strings

Quick Reply: Four Year Sirius Traffic Sub Ended Already