Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

First Timer, Just ordered my q5!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hilld
Just like Pete said, if you are going to have black, either become best friends with a detailer or even better buy a polisher and start doing it yourself. Also all car washes not done by you via the 2 bucket method are out. They will scratch the paint (including the dealer).

For lots of great resources, head on over to Autogeekonline Auto Detailing Forum, many great posts to read and videos to watch.
Thanks to both you and Pete! Great advice and great link!
Old 12-09-2014, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations!!! We have had ours 1 year and 1 month and completely enjoy it.
I know the anxiety of waiting for such a nice ride. Try not to spend too much time tracking your Q5 as it gets through production and onto a boat for its trip here. It can become a major part of your day.

I agree with the OP about always having a pickup. I will submit as being an F150 owner.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Xylar5
Congratulations!!! We have had ours 1 year and 1 month and completely enjoy it.
I know the anxiety of waiting for such a nice ride. Try not to spend too much time tracking your Q5 as it gets through production and onto a boat for its trip here. It can become a major part of your day.

I agree with the OP about always having a pickup. I will submit as being an F150 owner.
Thank You! My sales rep told me it takes a week or so until I actually am able to track it. But I am already budgeting my time according lol.

You have to have a pickup. If anything, it ensures even more that the Q gets treated like royalty. You wont ever see me with a Christmas tree on top of my panorama...
Old 12-10-2014, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on getting that order placed . . . now the fun of waiting begins! My TDI just arrived about 6 weeks ago, I got Mythos Black and am loving it. It's a beautiful color, and just an overall awesome car.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeybronko
Thank You! My sales rep told me it takes a week or so until I actually am able to track it. But I am already budgeting my time according lol.

You have to have a pickup. If anything, it ensures even more that the Q gets treated like royalty. You wont ever see me with a Christmas tree on top of my panorama...
Tracking it is addictive... Ive been watching the ship that will be picking mine up in Emden next week... It needs to move faster!!!

Here is a link to the ship schedule... it updates every week or so. Welcome to the fun...

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...3DSchedule.pdf
Old 12-10-2014, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To me the natural ash looks nice. The polished walnut looks like all the other fake woods out there. But everyone is entitled to their own preference. So gets what YOU like. The chestnut leather is very nice.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this talk about tracking had me confused. At first I was thinking you are going to take the car to the race track and have some fun. :-)
Old 12-11-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Xylar5
Same here..."she" gets the fun car, I get the "truck". But I'm not complaining...she does let me drive in on Sundays between 1:00 and 3:00.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilld
All this talk about tracking had me confused. At first I was thinking you are going to take the car to the race track and have some fun. :-)
Did it!
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...t=Tracking+SQ5
Old 12-11-2014, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrar97
She does let me drive it on Sundays between 1:00 and 3:00.
You mean slowly, on the driveway?

(Rainman reference)

Quick Reply: First Timer, Just ordered my q5!!