Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

First Post - Loooong time lurker...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Post - Loooong time lurker...

Hello!

Welcome to my first post! I have been a forum member for almost two years, and I've read (literally) EVERY SINGLE post in the Q5 forum. Took me 5 days. I'm a little OCD when researching new vehicles. :-)

I read the forum most evenings, have a good memory, and I've often wanted to answer newbie questions by pointing people to certain older posts... but I didn't feel comfortable since I wasn't an owner.... well that's about to change.

FINALLY I've decided to purchase a new Q5! I'll be placing the order in the next month. 2013 2.0L, Premium+, Rear Air Bags, Fine Grain Ash, No Nav, Hitch. probably Monsoon.

It has taken so long because I'm a technical consultant, and my income varies dramatically from year to year.... but 2012 was good and we have some new incentives now (later post.)

DOUBLE THANKS to all of the moderators and active board members. I've learned so much from Reggie, bulldog, thunderdent, time89, older names like tridentnyc, Rocky-In-Conn., and so many others. I wasn't sure I liked Spijun at first, but now I certainly do. :-)

I have some questions. And, yes, I've searched. I'll post those in separate threads for future reference.

Nice to be on board!

Chris
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome !
Comfortable you're gonna love the 'inferior' 2.0T like we do

As far as posting - if you got the answer - post right up !!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Welcome to the forums Chris! Btw you already own an A6 so why no posts over there?

What didn't you like about the Volvo S40? We used to have a 2000 S40 and loved it. The 2012 S60 was very high on my wife's list of cars when we were car shopping. Literally the biggest reason we didn't go w/the Volvo (and this may sound a little silly) was because my 6 year old daughter gets car sick easily and she's not tall enough to see out the tall rear windows. It was all about timing. If it was 1 year later, she would be taller and we might've been in a Volvo instead.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome Chris. Look forward to your new ride and some more info on it when you get it!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Parsec:

1. I don't post on the A6 forum... because... well... it's my wife's car!

2. We still have the S40, my 16 y.o. is driving it to school and soccer practice sometimes. My wife just didn't "feel" the Volvo like she "felt" the old A6 w/ Manual trans. Maybe it wasn't "crisp" enough for her? Also, she wanted something larger... again, probably the S40 felt small compared to the old A6, and certainly smaller than her current A6 Avant.

My guess is that a S60 would have fit her better.

I find that the toe box is WAY too small in the S40. My feet are only size 11, and with my right heel on the floor of the S40, I can "jam" my toes into the underside of the dash. Kinda scary when I am trying to get over to the brake quickly. Otherwise, I like the S40.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome. Good decision on buying a Q. You'll not regret.
"sold the motor"...hehehe
Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cobalt Rain
Hi Parsec:

1. I don't post on the A6 forum... because... well... it's my wife's car!

2. We still have the S40, my 16 y.o. is driving it to school and soccer practice sometimes. My wife just didn't "feel" the Volvo like she "felt" the old A6 w/ Manual trans. Maybe it wasn't "crisp" enough for her? Also, she wanted something larger... again, probably the S40 felt small compared to the old A6, and certainly smaller than her current A6 Avant.

My guess is that a S60 would have fit her better.

I find that the toe box is WAY too small in the S40. My feet are only size 11, and with my right heel on the floor of the S40, I can "jam" my toes into the underside of the dash. Kinda scary when I am trying to get over to the brake quickly. Otherwise, I like the S40.
You sayin I should post here because the Q5 is my wife's daily driver, or do I have too much time on my hands? =p

Anyway, funny sig. about selling the motor ... and u have totaled too many cars! Hope my Q5 is still running ok so I can pass it down to my daughter when she turns 16 in 9.5 years!