Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Finally got my Q5 OPTI COAT'ed

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my Q5 OPTI COAT'ed

First of all thanks to "Dustin Fennell" for introducing me to Gtechniq and there on other members who posted plenty of info on the Hydrophobic coating. After all the post I started searching for the services in locally in Houston and finally found Dynamic AutoWorks | Houston TX | and the owner Aaron is awesome they did a fantastic job and now the car looks better than newer.
I went with Opti coat due to a longer warranty and also they have been more time in the market only difference it was $100 costlier than Gtechniq
I almost got the X-pel done but I am not sure if I will keep the car that long and didn't want to waste money on it so just stick with Opti coat.
For all of it New car custom wash and detail, decontamination plus Opti coat inside out on wheels tires glass dash it cost me $727 with tax (though he quoted me 1350 with Xpel ultimate package)
I am super please and excited with the results and yes is easy peasy to clean now.
I also received a warranty card and wash kit for home.

Here are the pics
Attached Images     
Old 11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by idesi1
First of all thanks to "Dustin Fennell" for introducing me to Gtechniq and there on other members who posted plenty of info on the Hydrophobic coating. After all the post I started searching for the services in locally in Houston and finally found Dynamic AutoWorks | Houston TX | and the owner Aaron is awesome they did a fantastic job and now the car looks better than newer.
I went with Opti coat due to a longer warranty and also they have been more time in the market only difference it was $100 costlier than Gtechniq
I almost got the X-pel done but I am not sure if I will keep the car that long and didn't want to waste money on it so just stick with Opti coat.
For all of it New car custom wash and detail, decontamination plus Opti coat inside out on wheels tires glass dash it cost me $727 with tax (though he quoted me 1350 with Xpel ultimate package)
I am super please and excited with the results and yes is easy peasy to clean now.
I also received a warranty card and wash kit for home.

Here are the pics

thanks for your review. You know anything about ''Simoniz Glass coat''. I thinks it is a similar product?
Old 11-06-2014, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice, how long did you have your car before you did this? Did it need paint correction??
Old 11-06-2014, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks awesome! You'll be super happy with how easy it will be to maintain that super shiny look too!
Old 11-07-2014, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Very nice... I just received a quote from Car Pool in Richmond, VA to have my Q5 Opti-coated. Was quoted $850, but not the interior...looks like you got a great deal... Do you think it is worth having the interior done? Any concerns about the leather?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by andrios
Nice, how long did you have your car before you did this? Did it need paint correction??
It took 2 days for the job to be done thoroughly. Yes they did the paint correction too and some minor paint damage on front bumper.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Barraged
Very nice... I just received a quote from Car Pool in Richmond, VA to have my Q5 Opti-coated. Was quoted $850, but not the interior...looks like you got a great deal... Do you think it is worth having the interior done? Any concerns about the leather?
Thats good thing about Texas that is cheaper here :-).
I will surely recommend the interior specially if you have family/kids. I usually keep a swiffer duster in all my cars but since I got it last week I don't see any dust piling on the dash and its very easy to clean up. I didn't bargain with the guy but you can ask ur detailer to cover interior within $850 coz just exterior is cheaper coz I was quoted $975 with the Xpel basic package. Best of luck with your detail I am sure you will love it..
Old 11-07-2014, 05:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
Looks awesome! You'll be super happy with how easy it will be to maintain that super shiny look too!
Hey thanks to you man for bringing these things to my attention as its very vital coz I am a clean freak and got paranoid when my car got dirty or it rained after I wash my car. Thats one of the reason I hated chicago coz u can't keep ur car clean in that snow and then you have to wash it due to the salt and can't enjoy the car ride until you wait for summer which is when they started construction all summer along. It rained here on Wednesday and I see the car has no rain spots and its still looks clean.
I am going to perform the same on my other cars too.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great, I am scheduled to have mine coated next Friday/Saturday. Your price does sound like a great deal, especially if it includes the interior as well.

Last edited by hilld; 11-07-2014 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm very satisfied with the results on mine (exterior only - ran me $800); had it done about 3 months ago!!

Quick Reply: Finally got my Q5 OPTI COAT'ed