Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

A few issues with the Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will add Q5 badge fell off to Body faults but no way am I adding a loose connection on an iPod cable as an Audi fault Congrats on the A4. Well wear!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...for what it's worth I had a Lincoln MK X. Fabulous vehicle but my wife had a tough time seeing out the back and the blind spots.
A longer than expected shop visit for the TT AC Service got us a Q5 loaner for a week. After 7 days the wife says she want a Q5. There are times when you agree with the wife, and this was one of them.
We could not be happier with this Q5
Old 11-02-2011, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

UPDATE

Q5 badge – Service Dept claimed is not under warranty since there was a small scratch where the “\” fell off. I said whatever and explained it happened when badge stuck to micro fiber towel when wiping down the car. So I asked if they could simply use some double sided tape to re-attach and they did. Not confident it will stay on very long as I am sure the badge comes with a slightly stronger adhesive. At the time, it was not worth it to me to pay $50 for a new badge. If it falls off again then all badges are coming off.

iPod cable – Replaced with no problem. iPod\iPhone is happy again.

Arm rest – Claimed it is functioning as normal and it is fine with me. Although, seems to slide even easier now than when I dropped it off.

Rear seat rattle – The tech heard same noise and applied felt bumpers to rear deck. Have been noise free for 7 days now so we’ll keep finger crossed…

Oh and just to confirm… I really do love the Q5!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

possible you could describe or show a picture of where the pads were placed to stop the rear seat rattle?

thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
I will add Q5 badge fell off to Body faults but no way am I adding a loose connection on an iPod cable as an Audi fault Congrats on the A4. Well wear!
When I was in Germany, almost none of the Q5's had their badges on? The ones at the dealer, and a few on the road....but probably 75% didn't have them!

They must fall off really easily, or....?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dreamaudi
When I was in Germany, almost none of the Q5's had their badges on? The ones at the dealer, and a few on the road....but probably 75% didn't have them!

They must fall off really easily, or....?
Its an option here to have the Q5 and what engine badge removed from the rear for no cost.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
Its an option here to have the Q5 and what engine badge removed from the rear for no cost.
In the U.S. nothing gets done for no cost. It is the fabric of our nation to charge as much as possible to do as little as possible.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here I go again starting another firestorm.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by johncaravello
In the U.S. nothing gets done for no cost. It is the fabric of our nation to charge as much as possible to do as little as possible.
I'll keep my comments to myself on this one and not clutter this thread up with them. I was just commenting to what Dreamaudi saw in Euro Spec Q5's
Old 11-02-2011, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Actually de-badging has become its own little cottage industry. just about every "tint audio/video crazy neon light shop" has added it to their list of available mods.

Quick Reply: A few issues with the Q