Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

A few issues with the Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few issues with the Q

A few quality issues to get repaired and am wondering if you guys have had similar issues.

Q5 badge - fell off after last wash and prefer to have dealer put back on

iPod cable – loose connection and needs to be replaced

Arm rest – slides back and forth to easy

Rear seat rattle behind driver – “tape fix” did not resolve
Old 09-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Why doesn't any one ever post positive comments?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I see lots of positive comments. Many people say I love my Q but didn't like......

I like the fact that people say the good with the bad. It's the best way to learn about the vehicle. I can read the "good" by reading Audi brochures. Its coming here where we find the little things like not being able to close the rear hatch from the cabin. (an issue I learned reading this forum).

I see a lot more positive than negative. I'm ashamed to admit it but I almost bought a Lincoln MKX instead of the Q5. I visit their forums beforehand and their threads were like 85% negative which surprised me even though I knew Lincoln was not an enthusiast brand.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL
Why doesn't any one ever post positive comments?
there are a few...not enough though considering how rewarding this car is.
My tape fix is still working and my badges are still on. Maybe my badges are still on because I NEVER use an automated car wash which are notorious for causing all kinds of damage. Not to say that this is why the OP is having issues...IJS.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Geez… someone miss their first cup of coffee this morning?

To be clear… I freakin LOVE my Q5. It replaced a Yukon and I don’t regret it one bit.

Just was simply listing some issues and I was not bashing Audi… hell… I just bought a new A4 Quattro last night to replace my Mercedes! All the issues I listed are an easy fix and I plan to drop it off at the service dept next week.

And… automated car washes never touch my paint. I only wash myself or get a hand wash.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by boltsfan
Geez… someone miss their first cup of coffee this morning?

To be clear… I freakin LOVE my Q5. It replaced a Yukon and I don’t regret it one bit.

Just was simply listing some issues and I was not bashing Audi… hell… I just bought a new A4 Quattro last night to replace my Mercedes! All the issues I listed are an easy fix and I plan to drop it off at the service dept next week.

And… automated car washes never touch my paint. I only wash myself or get a hand wash.
I don't drink coffee.

If you know how to fix your issues why don't you just bring it in for service instead of making a post complaining about it? I don't get it.
It's not like there aren't countless threads about the rear seat rattle.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL
I don't drink coffee.

If you know how to fix your issues why don't you just bring it in for service instead of making a post complaining about it? I don't get it.
It's not like there aren't countless threads about the rear seat rattle.
Thanks for your contribution... really helpful to the forums.

I was just simply listing some issues. I am not gonna take it in to the service dept for every little issue that comes up. Now that I have a few to deal with, I plan to bring it by to be looked at.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boltsfan
A few quality issues to get repaired and am wondering if you guys have had similar issues.

Q5 badge - fell off after last wash and prefer to have dealer put back on

iPod cable – loose connection and needs to be replaced

Arm rest – slides back and forth to easy

Rear seat rattle behind driver – “tape fix” did not resolve
If it were me, I'd have them take off the badge for what kind of engine you have as well, and just have a cleaner looking Q.

The armrest in our previous Q5, and our current A4 loosened up over time. If you are able to get yours tightened back up, please post it, we'd love to have that done to our A4.

For the rattle behind you, are you sure it's the seat, and not the cover for "trunk"? Mine used to rattle until I made sure it was wedged in there pretty good, and then it stopped.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
For the rattle behind you, are you sure it's the seat, and not the cover for "trunk"? Mine used to rattle until I made sure it was wedged in there pretty good, and then it stopped.
I remember someone mentioning that the spare tire "hold-down" was loose on theirs. A few twists later and all was well.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Someone once told me that 88% of the people that post about a certain vehicle or whatever are negative.

Quick Reply: A few issues with the Q