Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Features Missing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Features Missing?

Anyone else a little mad the Q5 doesn't come with cooled front seats, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, or bluetooth music streaming? I know you can get ventilated seats on the Prestige trim, but they aren't as good as true A/C seats and they are reserved for the bigger engine. It's annoying because I, and many others, would pay for these features on the 2.0T. Blind spot monitoring would also be nice but again - not offered on anything but Prestige.

Anyone else annoyed by this? I assume you just get used to it and ignore all that stuff because it drives well, but I just don't know for certain. We get our Q5 in a couple weeks and regardless of these missing features, we are excited.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

There are a few items I would like to have been able to order such as heated rear seats and 4-zone climate control. However, I have always been amazed at the value you get with the Audi trimline packages. You get a boat-load of good stuff without having to shop a la carte (like on a Porsche).
Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by awryexperiment
There are a few items I would like to have been able to order such as heated rear seats and 4-zone climate control. However, I have always been amazed at the value you get with the Audi trimline packages. You get a boat-load of good stuff without having to shop a la carte (like on a Porsche).
Value packages are great, but only if you actually want everything you get in the package. I would prefer it if Audi also offered the individual options separately - even if priced a little higher than they would be if packaged with other features. The backup camera, for example, should be available as a stand alone option rather than part of a $3,000 tech package. I also believe packages should be available on all trim levels. I despise that you have to pay for the V6 get the S Line or S Line Plus trim or that you can't get an upgraded engine without forking over big bucks for content you may not want.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yah, I would happily pay for features that are only available on the V6 since were getting the 2.0T. Annoying how they reserve stuff for the bigger enginw, especially when its not as big of a seller for the smaller engine.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. I just went the extra step and did something about it.

I'd love to have the options of the sport seats with alcantara & double-stitching especially. A/C seats would be nice too, as well as bluetooth music.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

What did u do to do something about it?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gheffty93
What did u do to do something about it?
Just look at his list of mods.

They probably would give you the same argument that the cable companies use as to why you can't get channels a la carte.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really miss the heated steering wheel I had on my X3
Old 05-25-2012, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

we've never had a heated steering wheel so it wasn't the biggest deal but cooled seats are something nice, remote start, and heated rear seats...I don't think any of that is unreasonable. We are pretty good drivers so teh safety tech we can live without (like BLIS).
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heated steering and cooled seats are so nice.
no cold hands, no sweaty backs

Quick Reply: Features Missing?