Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using the iOS beta version?
Old 06-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also any ETA on when this beta will be released?
Old 06-22-2015, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

What does the footwell lights do? Light up the entire time you are in the vehicle?
Old 06-22-2015, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lawnmore
So once enabled what exactly does this allow you to do?
Originally Posted by Rockout
What does the footwell lights do? Light up the entire time you are in the vehicle?
Its the same light that goes on when you open the doors at night by your feet.

It keeps them on at night when driving(when your headlights turn on).

When enabled you can adjust how bright you want them in the MMI while driving.

Gives the interior an awesome look at night. You can probably replace the OEM LED for colored LED to give it a more unique/personalized look.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by andrios
Its the same light that goes on when you open the doors at night by your feet.

It keeps them on at night when driving(when your headlights turn on).

When enabled you can adjust how bright you want them in the MMI while driving.

Gives the interior an awesome look at night. You can probably replace the OEM LED for colored LED to give it a more unique/personalized look.
Thanks for that!
Old 06-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rob40wilson03
UPDATE::: Carista sent me an invite for the current Beta version of the iOS app, and voila, it works and allows the footwell lighting. Also able to turn on the cornering lights!
Thanks for reporting this!

Originally Posted by Redd
Cornering lights? Where should I be looking? I'm not finding that anywhere, in Carista or the AMI.
Cornering lights are under the "Lights" section in Carista. Only available in the beta for now (both on Android and iOS).

Originally Posted by Adplaya
Also any ETA on when this beta will be released?
We were going to wait until we're ready with additional functionality (service reset and EPB operation), but it's looking like the footwell lights are not working for some people unless you enable this additional setting to make them configurable through the MMI. So we are now considering releasing a small patch update that adds this setting and some bug fixes... If that happens, it'll happen within a few days, at least for Android. On iOS, we'll submit it at the same time, but Apple usually takes about a week to approve it. I'll let you guys know.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Should I have something other than version 1.1.0 for IOS?
Old 06-23-2015, 05:26 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BP Atl
Should I have something other than version 1.1.0 for IOS?
That's the latest regular release version. We do have a newer beta, but it's an invite-only deal and unless you have a specific need for it or are willing to test some of our new functionality, you should be fine with version 1.1.0
Old 06-23-2015, 05:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BP Atl
I can not get the footwell among other items to work in my 2012.

Seems a bit odd that Carista has zero instruction anywhere. Nothing came with their adapter and certainly nothing on the website. The app is easy enough to use (yes or no), however if that isn't the only thing required to activate options then provide that information per each vehicle/model somewhere...
Oops, I just saw this. Ok, I can add you to the beta so you can try the new "footwell lights in MMI" setting, which seems to allow footwell lights to be enabled on cars where Carista was showing that they were already enabled.

Please PM me your email and I'll get you set up. Thanks.

About the (lack of) instructions: our goal is to make a product that's so easy and intuitive to use that there's no need for instructions. Obviously, we're not quite there yet, but we're getting there. In particular, there are some peculiarities with the windows-via-remote and footwell-related settings that do require some more explanation... so we'll see if we can add some tips to the app that show up when you open or change those settings.
Old 09-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Carista
Oops, I just saw this. Ok, I can add you to the beta so you can try the new "footwell lights in MMI" setting, which seems to allow footwell lights to be enabled on cars where Carista was showing that they were already enabled.

Please PM me your email and I'll get you set up. Thanks.

About the (lack of) instructions: our goal is to make a product that's so easy and intuitive to use that there's no need for instructions. Obviously, we're not quite there yet, but we're getting there. In particular, there are some peculiarities with the windows-via-remote and footwell-related settings that do require some more explanation... so we'll see if we can add some tips to the app that show up when you open or change those settings.
Hi
Can you add me to the beta test also? I did everything I read and still can't get footwell lights to work on my 2016 Q5. Interior light option on my mmi is still greyed out. Thanks

Roger

Quick Reply: Customize your Q5 (coding) through a mobile app!