Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Costco gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just looking at the toptiergas website and I noticed that Costco is NOT listed as a top tier gas retailer in Canada. It is in U.S. but not up here in the north.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertaBound
I was just looking at the toptiergas website and I noticed that Costco is NOT listed as a top tier gas retailer in Canada. It is in U.S. but not up here in the north.
Now it is in Canada, a few months ago they posted a few ads on top of the pumps. But I know that in the past it wasn't top tier gas since I clogged 2 catalysts using Costco gas on my 4.2 allroad.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Charleston, SC

Red states are just better.
LOL. Indeed & agreed. Although being surrounded by corn in any color midwest state seems to make the fight for real gas that much more difficult. You'd think I'd won the lotto when I found an IL station with real gas. I thought it was un-possible, and after the corn lobby found the station, it soon became un-possible
Old 11-06-2014, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackSVT
LOL. Indeed & agreed. Although being surrounded by corn in any color midwest state seems to make the fight for real gas that much more difficult. You'd think I'd won the lotto when I found an IL station with real gas. I thought it was un-possible, and after the corn lobby found the station, it soon became un-possible
The word "un-possible" used twice & thinking red states are better.....hmmm.....not surprised....
Old 11-06-2014, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by - B -
The word "un-possible" used twice & thinking red states are better.....hmmm.....not surprised....
Of course. I should have used quote-y fingers to emphasize the purposefully intended "silly" effect which would still obviously be lost on those know-it-alls who are judging without actually knowing.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what any of this has to do with "Costco Gas", but some of it is funny.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSVT

Name:  image-348072954.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  37.3 KB

😃
Old 11-06-2014, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't there a website that shows ethanol-free stations by state? It seems I saw this in the past. Maybe ethanol is so prevalent there aren't that many left?
Old 11-06-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Isn't there a website that shows ethanol-free stations by state? It seems I saw this in the past. Maybe ethanol is so prevalent there aren't that many left?
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

There are a decent number of stations that offer Ethanol Free fuel, but it's usually too low of an octane rating for our Audis. Usually 89 or 90 octane.
It's often sold as "marine fuel."

That's why I'm so tickled about my new local Shell station. Not only do they have 93 octane Ethanol Free, but it's on ALL of their Premium pumps.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a stage 2 335xi N54 two summers ago. I would monitor boost pressure and mileage for different brands of gas. I did shell 94, husky 94, Safeway 91 and Costco 91.

By far, Costco made the most boost on WOT and went the furthest on a tank. I dont really use anything else in the sq5 unless I'm stuck somewhere.

Quick Reply: Costco gas