Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Conti DWS are out of stock, any "just as good" alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
I was expecting summers and instead got all season - the 255/45/20 Pirellis. Boy was I surprised. I knew the Contis were in demand so I ordered them before the Q5 came as I found them in limited stock at TR..
I think now all seasons is what comes on the S-Line 20" wheels now.

lemalife - Since you are upgrading I bet you can wait till the DWS are in stock.
Good to know! Hopefully my Q5 will follow suit.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the Parada Spec X for my S Line. They work pretty well in the snow and ice. I had them on my last car also and had no complaints. For the money you can't beat them. I bought mine on Discount Tire for $665 when they were running their free shipping promo.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
I was expecting summers and instead got all season - the 255/45/20 Pirellis. Boy was I surprised. I knew the Contis were in demand so I ordered them before the Q5 came as I found them in limited stock at TR..
I think now all seasons is what comes on the S-Line 20" wheels now.

lemalife - Since you are upgrading I bet you can wait till the DWS are in stock.
Reggie-

I had hoped mine would come with all seasons, especially since it was coming to an area that gets snow, and it was arriving end of November, however, it arrived with summer performance tires. It seems there is no rhyme or reason to which cars show up with summer performance, and those that show up with all seasons.

To those ordering dedicated winter rims/tires-

I tried to get rims/tires from Tire Rack, but they sent tires that were unbalanced even though I requested them to be mounted and balanced, and my dealership, after 4 hours of trying, concluded they were unbalanceable. The service tech gave me the computer printouts substantiating this. This was the first bad experience with Tire Rack I've had, but has given me pause in ordering from them again, even though they took them back, and refunded me my money. The hassle involved in lugging tires/rims around, repackaging, and coordinating with UPS was no fun. In the end, because of a time crunch around the holidays, I ended up buying the Audi winter tires/rims, the 17" ones, and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited by UrbanExtant; 01-19-2012 at 06:26 AM.