Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Color regret? (Daytona vs glacier)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color regret? (Daytona vs glacier)

Hi all,

My Daytona grey 3.0t will be arriving in a week. Decided to take a spin around the dealer lot this morning (glenmore audi). My jaw dropped when I saw a glacier white s6 and a glacier white q5 side by side.

For those of you who have a Daytona Grey are you happy? Or has glacier white trumped Daytona Grey as one of the best audi colors? I know this is a kinda silly post, but wanted to throw out the question.

Jason
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jfiluk
Hi all,

My Daytona grey 3.0t will be arriving in a week. Decided to take a spin around the dealer lot this morning (glenmore audi). My jaw dropped when I saw a glacier white s6 and a glacier white q5 side by side.

For those of you who have a Daytona Grey are you happy? Or has glacier white trumped Daytona Grey as one of the best audi colors? I know this is a kinda silly post, but wanted to throw out the question.

Jason

Personally, I love the White, I think its Audi's best color
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wish I got Glacier white too, but I have Ibis white not Daytona grey.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I think Daytona Gray is one of the best colors Audi offers, and I have never had a regret ordering my Q5 in it. If I had to order one right now, I'd opt for Glacier White, it's the best color offered this year. What I find odd is that Audi has some stunning colors in their arsenal, so why is the color selection on the 2013 lineup so dismal? The only reason I can think of is to push people to pay the fee for an Audi Exclusive color.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
Personally, I think Daytona Gray is one of the best colors Audi offers, and I have never had a regret ordering my Q5 in it. If I had to order one right now, I'd opt for Glacier White, it's the best color offered this year. What I find odd is that Audi has some stunning colors in their arsenal, so why is the color selection on the 2013 lineup so dismal? The only reason I can think of is to push people to pay the fee for an Audi Exclusive color.
@urban, that being said, if Daytona grey was a standard color, you would choose it over glacier white?
Old 01-13-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had Daytona Gray on my RS4 for over 6 years now and I still believe it's the best color on an Audi.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are the Audi Exclusive colors published online somewhere?
Old 01-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love my Daytona grey.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ErnestHouse
Are the Audi Exclusive colors published online somewhere?
If you build a car online on the Audi Germany site you can scroll through them. Just can't see them "on" the virtual car design.

http://konfigurator.audi.de/entry?context=accx-de%3Ade
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jfiluk
@urban, that being said, if Daytona grey was a standard color, you would choose it over glacier white?
Yes, I'd order it again in a heartbeat. It's a phenomenal color. One of the things I love most about it is that it's lighter in tone on cloudy rainy days, and darker, almost charcoal-like, on sunny days. It also hides dirt, scratches, and blemishes extremely well. Of all the different colored vehicles I've owned, Daytona Gray is my favorite.

Quick Reply: Color regret? (Daytona vs glacier)