Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Canvasback Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Canvasback Cargo Liner

I found this thru a link on this site, great resource for all things, Q5.

Just finished installing it in my 2015 Q5 TDI. The fit is perfect. I ordered the side panels and they overlap the floor liner just enough to keep water/mud from getting under it. The best part is that the liner covers the back of the seats, a separate piece is included for the center console.

Everything is held in place with Velcro, Audi carpet is perfect for using Velcro, very secure.

All cut-outs line up perfectly... I did not order cut-outs for the D-rings, since I don't use them.

Took about a week to receive them, they even included 2 doggie treats for my hairy German Shepherd, Solo. Before I had this liner, it was very difficult to remove his hair as it gets imbedded in the carpet... But no more...

I also have a WeatherTech cargo liner, and it fits perfectly on top of the Canvasback liner...
Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Concur on every point. My only complaint was the off-gassing of the material. I opened it up and let it sit out in the basement for a couple days prior to putting it in the car. Smell fully dissipated about a week later.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I looked at that product it seemed sort of slippery (not sure how else to describe it). I'd be curious to know how a dog would fare in the back -- would my lab be sliding around every time I took a corner?
Old 02-27-2015, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you post the link? Any pics?
Old 02-27-2015, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Canvasback Liners

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
Can you post the link? Any pics?
There's an extensive review on here for the Canvasback liner.. search for "Product Review: Canvasback (Cargo Liner)" by BMWBig6.

Quality materials, custom fit for the Q5, easy install, and the communication with the company was great. I also ordered a bumper flap, also attached with Velcro. I have a big dog, we travel. With seats down I also lay a canvas tarp on top. No slide, easy clean..
Old 02-27-2015, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Will post pics, I pipurchased a moving blanket at Home Depot, which I lay in the back, provides some friction, padding, cheap and ez to clean, no sliding around...
Old 02-27-2015, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Http://www.canvasback.com
Old 02-27-2015, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the search terms and the link to canvas back. I just ordered mine. This is exactly what I've been wanting. Gotta keep my SQ5 spiffy clean, even when I'm toting my pup with me to the trails. :-)
Old 02-28-2015, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barraged
Will post pics, I pipurchased a moving blanket at Home Depot, which I lay in the back, provides some friction, padding, cheap and ez to clean, no sliding around...
Funny, I did the same thing. I have one moving blanket folded on top of the rubber cargo tray, then another one spread over seats, then a canvas tarp on top of all which is easily removable. All for a dog...

Last edited by stix; 02-28-2015 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are u able too see out of the front windshield with all of those blankets? 😄

All for a dog... That's the least you can do...

Quick Reply: Canvasback Cargo Liner