Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Can I order my Q5 directly from Audi ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I order my Q5 directly from Audi ??

Guys,
just trying to save some money and was thinking if there is a possibility of Ordering the car directly from Audi to get rid of dealer expenses and charges etc ? no unique requirement for Q5 but just want to order and don;t mind waiting for it. Can you please let me know if there is a possibility ?
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi_wheels
Guys,
just trying to save some money and was thinking if there is a possibility of Ordering the car directly from Audi to get rid of dealer expenses and charges etc ? no unique requirement for Q5 but just want to order and don;t mind waiting for it. Can you please let me know if there is a possibility ?
Where are you located? In the U.S.?

It's highly unlikey that they would sell vehicles direct to consumers and bypass their dealer network.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes i am located in US (Georgia).
Old 03-19-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think European Delivery is the closest you're going to get to ordering a vehicle directly from Audi. In the end, that will probably cost you more, though.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Huh, that's a strange question. There's a dealer network for a reason. Are you asking if there's something similar to the Volvo European delivery? The costs for the car would be less, but then you will pay more after you take into consideration airfare, hotel, etc..
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm pretty sure there are actually laws preventing auto companies from selling directly. They cannot be in direct competition with the dealers. As long as you can negotiate a good deal, it is beneficial to have a good relationship with your local dealership. They can take care of some things as courtesy, and will go to bat for you if there are disagreements with AOA.

If you really need to save money, think harder if you really need a $3500 nav system, or side radar or a camera that sees out the back. Some of these things are nice, but not necessary. Having a reliable place to get service and repairs done, however, IS necessary.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Plasticar
I'm pretty sure there are actually laws preventing auto companies from selling directly. They cannot be in direct competition with the dealers. As long as you can negotiate a good deal, it is beneficial to have a good relationship with your local dealership. They can take care of some things as courtesy, and will go to bat for you if there are disagreements with AOA.

If you really need to save money, think harder if you really need a $3500 nav system, or side radar or a camera that sees out the back. Some of these things are nice, but not necessary. Having a reliable place to get service and repairs done, however, IS necessary.
excellent answer.... i saved money by not purchasing the nav system and don't regret that decision.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tm7384
excellent answer.... i saved money by not purchasing the nav system and don't regret that decision.
That's an interesting thought. Were you able to negotiate off the MSRP a lot since those extras are typically their profit?
Old 03-19-2013, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Better yet, I am starting to see 2011 2.0T's coming off lease. You can get a CPO and retain the warranty for about $10k off the cost of a new 2013.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi_wheels
Guys,
Have you see new Honda CR-V - it way less expensive also and you don't have to use Audi dealership.

Quick Reply: Can I order my Q5 directly from Audi ??