Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 11:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NetMagi
Hi,

Yes, it will, however you'll need the extras from the bottom of the FAQ to supply the power:

http://a2dp4audi.netmagi.com/faq.html

-RIch H.
Thanks again Rich. I hate to have to run to the lighter outlet for power. It seems strange - the 2013 no-nav does support bluetooth calls and does have the same glovebox cable for direct music connection. Why does it react differently in terms of not powering the streaming adapter?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Rich!

I was trying to get a jailbroken iphone to work as an wifi airplay server for my MMI, of course the MMI didn't recognize the stream (it would work for a second and then switch to iTunes). Any idea if the cable works with iPhones and uses the Aux-in protocol?

Thanks!
Chris
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by belatedm3
Thanks again Rich. I hate to have to run to the lighter outlet for power. It seems strange - the 2013 no-nav does support bluetooth calls and does have the same glovebox cable for direct music connection. Why does it react differently in terms of not powering the streaming adapter?
I believe it has to do with the intermediate MMI unit delivering the power, instead of the radio delivering the power.

-Rich H.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chwongris2
Hi Rich!

I was trying to get a jailbroken iphone to work as an wifi airplay server for my MMI, of course the MMI didn't recognize the stream (it would work for a second and then switch to iTunes). Any idea if the cable works with iPhones and uses the Aux-in protocol?

Thanks!
Chris
Yeh, actually that should work great. When you connect an iOS device to the modified cable, and start playback from the device, it just sends it through like an AUX input.

-Rich H.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So I'm trying to get a iPod connected to the glove box cable to stream Pandora Radio using my 2013 Q7's WiFi hotspot. I have an iPhone 5 and Pandora streams via BT to the MMI no prob, but I don't want to stick my phone in the glove box when I drive since I use Siri to voice text and like my phone in the cup holder.
So will this cable combo work with the iPod leaving the BT connected iPhone5 separate or does this cable use BT to stream from the glove box??
Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, so not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

I purchased bluetooth jack (DockBossAir).

I purchased modified Aux cable to use with it.

I plugged both into the glovebox port.

Turned on Pandora to make sure it was working on my phone. All works well.

Linked the DockBoss thru Bluetooth from phone.

Go into MMI to search for bluetooth devices and all that shows up is my phone, which shouldn't be an issue because the dockboss connects to my phone which connects to MMI.

So everything that has a place to be active and connected is. I turn on Pandora, click on media button on MMI, click down to external audio. Nothing. I tried all the others. Nothing.

What the hell am I doing wrong??
Old 02-20-2013, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

What are you using Joel, iPhone 5?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BirdmanQ5
What are you using Joel, iPhone 5?
Nope.

Android 4.0.4
LG Optimus G (International version)quad-core
Sprint US
Old 02-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NetMagi
Yeh, actually that should work great. When you connect an iOS device to the modified cable, and start playback from the device, it just sends it through like an AUX input.

-Rich H.
unfortunately it does not work...it switches to itunes only
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I followed these instructions exactly.

I connected the bluetooth adapter (DockBoss), and then linked it with my phone. I then made sure that the connection was active in my phone's bluetooth settings.

I started Pandora. It plays the songs, but there is no sound at all through the speakers/MMI. No sound from my phone either.

The only way I can hear what's playing is to not be connected to bluetooth, and then I get sound from just my phone like normal.

I don't know why it won't work.

Quick Reply: Awesome way to stream Bluetooth music on 2012 Q5