Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Supplier Program Extension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Supplier Program Extension?

Long time browser, first time poster...

Just wondering if anyone here has some inside info / past experience / heard rumors of the extension of the Audi Supplier Program. Currently the program expires on Jan 7th. I suspect this is one of those programs that gets continuously extended, but I don't know that, just a guess.

I am looking to buy a 2013 3.0T Q5, and with the market so tight on these I (a)doubt I could negotiate a much better deal than the 6% off MSRP through the supplier program (maybe I can get a dealer to kick in AudiCare for free on top of it), and (b) there is just not much inventory available between now and Jan 7th to get the options/color scheme I want. And BTW, the Jan 7th date is the DELIVERY date, not order date, so before the 7th I am really looking at what the local dealers have or can swap for by then.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I used the supplier program in 2008 and again in 2010 (plus loyalty rebate)...seems to get extended every year. I paid for Audi Care both times, and focused all of my negotiating on my trade-in value.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I asked the same question to AOA and this was the reply

The current program ends 1/7/13, however we expect that a new Supplier program will be in place for 2013.

Thank you for your interest in Audi.

Regards,

Audi Supplier Program Support

Audi of America, Inc.
Audi Supplier Program
supplierpurchaseprogram@audi.com
audisupplier.com
Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ipoh
I asked the same question to AOA and this was the reply

The current program ends 1/7/13, however we expect that a new Supplier program will be in place for 2013.

Thank you for your interest in Audi.

Regards,

Audi Supplier Program Support

Audi of America, Inc.
Audi Supplier Program
supplierpurchaseprogram@audi.com
audisupplier.com
Looks like SPP for Canada was extended for the rest of the year the day after last year's expired on Jan 2. Hope nothing changes for us, incl our company's participations!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by aggiealum
Looks like SPP for Canada was extended for the rest of the year the day after last year's expired on Jan 2. Hope nothing changes for us, incl our company's participations!

I called AOA before, they don't even want totell you details of "supplier company program", or maybe the lady answers the phone does not know this program. ANyway, I would like to know if this program has been extended this year. Does someone know this information?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ht64
I called AOA before, they don't even want totell you details of "supplier company program", or maybe the lady answers the phone does not know this program. ANyway, I would like to know if this program has been extended this year. Does someone know this information?
Here are the details in the attachment. It includes 2012 and 2113 models

Andy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi_updated_discount_form.pdf (317.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 01-08-2013, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ht64
I used it in 2011 for my '11 3.2L and just before Christmas for my '13 3.0T. The dealer took it gladly both times. Instead of calling AoA, try emailing them directly at supplierpurchaseprogram@audi.com. To me it's more of a strategic relationship program than a tactical sales program so I would be very surprised if it went away, especially without notice.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njandy
Here are the details in the attachment. It includes 2012 and 2113 models

Andy
I think he was looking for details of the program that started today (if any). I'm in the same spot. Delivery will take place after the previous program expired yesterday. I'm hoping a new program (with no changes) takes place soon. My dealer doesn't seem to be concerned though.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, I am in metro Atlanta area, fromt he dealers contacted, looks like they don't worry about the continuous of the program. One thing I like to know for buying the new 2013 Q5 for a good price. I checked the truecars.com, and noticed that in my area, the average paid price for the Q5 premium model is about $35800 ( I would imagine there are always a few options added to these recent sold cars). Now the question is: that is this informaiton in truecars.com trucsted/accurate? it would be good if the 6% extra discount cam be applied to this average paid price, but based on my experience, it is very hard to get those kind of deals.

Thx
HT
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The reason I asked about the supplier program extension in the first place is because I knew from reading this board that just about the lowest price you are going to get on a new Q5 is through that program. That is, I wouldn't expect to get much better than 6% off MSRP. A few people were able to get AudiCare thrown in, but that is about it. These cars are in high demand, there is zero inventory for certain features (like the 3.0s).

You can combine the supplier program with the loyalty program and get both discounts, but I think the loyalty program expired as well on Monday, so I don't know the status of that.

I ordered a Q5 3.0, my dealer didn't seem worried about the extension and was confident enough to guarantee they would match the terms of the program if it was not extended (they figure their risk is small).

Quick Reply: Audi Supplier Program Extension?