Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Sales Experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Initially we visited Sunset and then ended up ordering from Wilsonville. We were first looking at the A4 and then one day we were driving by Wilsonville and we decided to look at the Q5 and fell in love with it. Overall, I like the facility better at Wilsonville and they got us the best price.
We were pre-approved through Onpoint at their best rate and Audi was able to beat it by a .25% so it was around 1.99% or 2.24%, i can't remember.

Originally Posted by gtwagon941
MDub and Cpuck:

Which dealer did you end up with here in PDX? Also, wondering what CU you use? We are pretty close to ordering a 2014 Q5 and I have no experience with any local CUs. My bank is Chase, and I hardly believe they will be competitive (but maybe).

Also, what was your final APR at?

As for the sales experience: test drove a Q5 at Sunset Audi last weekend and I also made it clear that I was leaning towards a 2014 and unlikely to buy the one we test drove, or any other on the lot. No pressure from the Salesman at all. He did take my email, which I would have thought would mean he'd send me an email...but nothing so far. Which is OK. I pretty much already know what we want...just need to get the time to place the order (would feel better knowing pricing and timing though).
Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

MDub and Cpuck:

Which dealer did you end up with here in PDX? Also, wondering what CU you use? We are pretty close to ordering a 2014 Q5 and I have no experience with any local CUs. My bank is Chase, and I hardly believe they will be competitive (but maybe).

Also, what was your final APR at?

As for the sales experience: test drove a Q5 at Sunset Audi last weekend and I also made it clear that I was leaning towards a 2014 and unlikely to buy the one we test drove, or any other on the lot. No pressure from the Salesman at all. He did take my email, which I would have thought would mean he'd send me an email...but nothing so far. Which is OK. I pretty much already know what we want...just need to get the time to place the order (would feel better knowing pricing and timing though).
LOL. I was the other way around from cpuck. I test drove at Wilsonville Audi and ordered from Sunset Audi. The facility at Wilsonville is nicer, but I made a better connection with the sales guy at Sunset. Plus, Sunset is much closer to my house.

We haven't gotten delivery yet, but I've been shopping rates. Bank of America seems to have the best rate from a National Bank. Pentagon Federal seems to have the best Credit Union rate. And well, Audi Financial right now has a better rate. I don't know if that will be the case though when I pick up my Q5 in July.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MDub75
And well, Audi Financial right now has a better rate. I don't know if that will be the case though when I pick up my Q5 in July.
I don't know if it's too late for you to do this, but I ordered in March for delivery in May. When I ordered I filled out the Audi Financial credit application, which locked me into the rates available then (which are the same as what's available now, I believe). My salesperson said I could choose the better of what's available when I signed or when I took delivery. Might be worth looking into - even if you don't end up financing through Audi, you can know you have that rate locked in when you're shopping around.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rtlm
I don't know if it's too late for you to do this, but I ordered in March for delivery in May. When I ordered I filled out the Audi Financial credit application, which locked me into the rates available then (which are the same as what's available now, I believe). My salesperson said I could choose the better of what's available when I signed or when I took delivery. Might be worth looking into - even if you don't end up financing through Audi, you can know you have that rate locked in when you're shopping around.
Good to know. I'll have a look into that. Almost everywhere else there is a guaranteed rate for only 30 days, so I figured I wouldn't start applying until June.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is Audi financial's best rate for 60mo right now? We have pretty excellent credit, so we'd likely get the best available.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

what is Audi financial's best rate for 60mo right now? We have pretty excellent credit, so we'd likely get the best available.
Actually talked to my sales guy today, he says right now they are at about 1.9% for 48 months and 2.4% for 60 months.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought my Q5 from the same dealer and salesman from whom I got my A4 so the experience was, if not spectacular, at least familiar. My salesman is the most laid back car salesman I've ever known--sometimes I think he's barely conscious--and is infuriatingly horrible at responding to eMails (it took me 3 eMails to find out when he'd be at work on a certain day), but that said he's great about just tossing me the keys for a test drive and letting me keep it as long as I want.

Experience is also a good teacher, so I had a pretty good idea that the price he gave me on the new car would be pretty good right out of the box but that they'd try to screw me on my trade (exactly like before), and sure enough that's what happened, so I was extra-prepared to counter it and walked away satisfied with the deal. The extra loyalty grand from Audi doesn't hurt either.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redherring
I just bought my Q5 from the same dealer and salesman from whom I got my A4 so the experience was, if not spectacular, at least familiar. My salesman is the most laid back car salesman I've ever known--sometimes I think he's barely conscious--and is infuriatingly horrible at responding to eMails (it took me 3 eMails to find out when he'd be at work on a certain day), but that said he's great about just tossing me the keys for a test drive and letting me keep it as long as I want.

Experience is also a good teacher, so I had a pretty good idea that the price he gave me on the new car would be pretty good right out of the box but that they'd try to screw me on my trade (exactly like before), and sure enough that's what happened, so I was extra-prepared to counter it and walked away satisfied with the deal. The extra loyalty grand from Audi doesn't hurt either.
Which dealer?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by redherring

The guy we bought our Q5 from was almost exactly the same as you described, even down to the test drives. My guy was VERY knowledgeable about the whole Audi line and the Q5 in particular. He's no longer at the dealership (Orland Park) - Not sure where he went. The buying experience and follow up was so so at best.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just picked up my wife's Q5 2.0T P+ from DCH Audi Oxnard this afternoon. I have to say, they were great to deal with. I actually drove down from the SF Bay Area to pick it up.

I also found out they were the closest to me that still offer Costco pricing. It was well worth it. On top of that, this was the most pleasant experience I've ever had buying a car, and I have bought a few before including another Audi and a BMW.

The whole staff was great! I actually worked with my sales rep over the phone and email to order the Q and figure out pricing, etc. I only had to drive down once to pick up the Q5 once it arrived. If you're in the market for one, ask for Robert Belmonte, he is awesome!

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Audi Sales Experience