Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone using a ProClip in their Q5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good thing it fits iPhone 6 plus... i thought about this but i do not want to make a whole on something that will be expensive to fix...
Old 10-29-2014, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

It works great with my iPhone6+ and I completely recommend it to anyone,...The Touch ID on the phone can be unlocked while one's hand is on the the shifter if you use your middle finger and have big hands like myself....Plus album art is way better looking than what the MMI provides.....IMHO it is a must have if you have any iPhone.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsterj34
good thing it fits iPhone 6 plus... i thought about this but i do not want to make a whole on something that will be expensive to fix...
What hole? This doesn't screw to the dash. It clips in behind the plastic and has some two faced tape.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

How is this holding up? Does it cause any damage to the area its clipped in? Easy to remove?

THanks!
Old 11-11-2014, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's holding up perfectly. No issues at all. I use it everyday, and I have gotten so used to it now that I don't know what I would do without it.

There is no damage to the dash at all. It comes with pads on the backs of each plastic piece it uses so it won't scratch the dash. It was manufactured in Sweden, and they have engineered truly a great mount.

I'm sure if I wanted to remove it it would be easy, since it is just clipped into the dash and anchored in place with two plastic components, but I have no intention in removing it.

If you need a mount for your smartphone, I'd completely recommend it.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by - B -
It works great with my iPhone6+ and I completely recommend it to anyone,...The Touch ID on the phone can be unlocked while one's hand is on the the shifter if you use your middle finger and have big hands like myself....Plus album art is way better looking than what the MMI provides.....IMHO it is a must have if you have any iPhone.
Is the album art displaying on your iphone or on the MMI? It wont display on the MMI, will it?
Old 11-11-2014, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

You can get album art to show on your MMI, you just need to connect your iPhone/iPod/iPad via AMI cable with the newer yellow lighting cable or Red 30 pin cable
Old 11-11-2014, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by - B -
You can get album art to show on your MMI, you just need to connect your iPhone/iPod/iPad via AMI cable with the newer yellow lighting cable or Red 30 pin cable
Thanks for the response, B. I'm a brand new Q5 owner, bought a used 2011 just last week...and I was surprised and disappointed to find that I can't get bluetooth music to play from my phone over the MMI.

Do you think the cable you mentioned would work to solve my problem...and display my album art on the MMI? I would be very very happy if that would fix my problem. Where do you get the cable?
Old 11-12-2014, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by John Cocktosten
Thanks for the response, B. I'm a brand new Q5 owner, bought a used 2011 just last week...and I was surprised and disappointed to find that I can't get bluetooth music to play from my phone over the MMI.

Do you think the cable you mentioned would work to solve my problem...and display my album art on the MMI? I would be very very happy if that would fix my problem. Where do you get the cable?
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...ized-2840907//

This thread describes the cables and their compatibility with MMI. I believe the red 30 pin requires at least 2012 models, but you could double check. Also, the cables can be purchased at an Audi dealer or online. I purchased my red AMI cable on Amazon with no issues. Just check for the right part # on that thread I posted above and make sure that your MMI is compatible so you don't waste your money.

Congrats on your new purchase, and Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

Last edited by - B -; 11-12-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to revive an old thread.

Does it anyone know whether the ProClip 854264 mount that the people above posted pictures of will work on a 2015-2017 Q5? The ProClip site doesn't list it as compatible, but other than texture, the interior configuration of the center console doesn't look any different on the 2015-2017 models.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a ProClip in their Q5?