Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone have a SQ5 Prestige with Comfort Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks - It looks like A4 comfort seats in Europe also heat both bottom and back.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sevarino
OK - so three of us think the comfort seat back has little or no heating - does that seem bizarre to anyone else. I can't believe the comfort seats would only heat the seat bottom - I'm going to have it checked out, but is there any other source of info we could check. Thanks all (it's really cold this week so I notice these things!).
My seats ('11 2.0T Premium +) don't get as hot as I'd like either. I posted this and someone replied this was fixable/adjustable at the dealer. So the next time it goes in, we'll see.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sevarino - I'd be curious to see what you find out, in terms of whether the seats are designed with a back element or not. Since it was another day of negative temperatures here in the Midwest today, I thought that I could convince myself that there was some heat in the back when I was driving the SQ5, although that may have just been the minimal body heat I was able to generate. When I mentioned this online thread to my wife, she said that she doesn't think it heats very much in the back, if at all. Since it's her daily ride and she is more temperature sensitive than I am, I am willing to trust her on that.

For reference, the heating in the comfort seating package is clearly different than the sport package seats in my daily driver (BMW 335xi). Those seats have adjustable and much firmer side bolsters, and the heat definitely comes through both the back and bolsters in those seats.

All that being said, my wife definitely likes the feel and comfort of the seats in the SQ5 w/comfort package. She said that she would order them again if asked to do so.

We have black interior so I can't help with the brown pictures.