Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone have pics of deep sea blue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have pics of deep sea blue?

Not sure what this color looks like in real life. Anyone have pics or know of a color thread I can look at? TIA.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007
Not sure what this color looks like in real life. Anyone have pics or know of a color thread I can look at? TIA.
I jast saw first time last week near my job - liked very much!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007
Doing a quick forum search, these were the first pics I came across. You might have better luck just Googling it to get better pictures.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ea+blue&page=2
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not a fan. It looks better on the Audi web page than it does in person, IMO. Too dark. Too conservative, especially with tan leather.

That said, it's popular. I just don't think it's sporty enough for a performance vehicle like the Q5. I could see it on something like a 7 series, but for a smaller vehicle, I would prefer a brighter blue.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by palumbo3284
Doing a quick forum search, these were the first pics I came across. You might have better luck just Googling it to get better pictures.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ea+blue&page=2
Thanks! That gives me a better idea. When you google it there are so many different shades...it's hard to tell which is the most accurate.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by Reisen
It looks better on the Audi web page than it does in person, IMO. Too dark. Too conservative, especially with tan leather.
+1. It is very dark, approaching black.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's very good looking in-person when it's clean. But is sure is hard to keep it clean!
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the pic...that's perfect. It's a great color and has to be easier than black to keep clean, no? What color of interior do you have?
Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
It's very good looking in-person when it's clean. But is sure is hard to keep it clean!
That's a great picture. Where the sun is hitting the rear-quarter panel is how it looks in bright, direct light, which I think looks very good. The front quarter panel and door is how it looks indoors (showroom, garage) or on overcast days. There are several that park near me here in the city.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i find the the deep sea blue looking very dark and near "black" in some light is a positive. i like to choose colors that complement the inevitable chrome on any factory built car. the brilliant black and deep sea blue do a fine job of it. i personally wished for a dark or charcoal gray which i think is close to Lava Gray, offered up north but not in the US. White always looks great when I see it on the road and I will admit to color envy but feel it doesnt look as mean vs a darker color. There is something (really nice) about white bimmers and similar carries over to Audis but not quite like bimmers.

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of deep sea blue?