Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone got the 7-double-spoke wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 05:04 AM
q5s
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only pic I've got.
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/13062010197.jpg/
This was before any damage (no kerbing/stones). Also before I rotated the tyres at the dealer. They came back full of scratch marks around the studs. I don't know if they used any protection (plastic shield on the wrench) but can't blame them really. Paint/alloy is the softest one I've seen. I don't recommend these alloys if you like any of the other designs.
As you can see from the pic they get dirty (probably washed a couple of days before) and the complex shape (lots & lots of crevises) makes them a pain to keep remotely clean.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Geese
The seven dual-spokes look great. Nice choice.

Where and how much? Just curious.
haven't bought them yet. i'm getting replicas from hartman. $345 each.

nelson
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by q5s
I have the rs4 ones as I didn't like any of the other wheels. Unfortunately the wheels must be made from butter or something as they are incredibly soft and even tiny stones remove large chunks of paint & alloy from them. They are also very hard to clean. I wish they offered them in 17", 18" or 19" for that matter. I would also take a dark colour as as soon I touch the brakes they are covered in brake dust which has now fused into the paint and cannot be cleaned.
are your wheels rs4 wheel genuine audi wheels or aftermarket? if aftermarket, what brand? buttery soft wheels is a huge concern for me especially buying aftermarket. that said, i know some stock audi wheels are notorious for being soft. man, this is a hard decision.

nelson
Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Personally I think it's not that close, the 5-tri spoke is nicer. It's more aggressive and sporty looking.
+1
Old 02-22-2011, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njbiker
are your wheels rs4 wheel genuine audi wheels or aftermarket? if aftermarket, what brand? buttery soft wheels is a huge concern for me especially buying aftermarket. that said, i know some stock audi wheels are notorious for being soft. man, this is a hard decision.

nelson
wanna ask the same question
Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was looking at the double spoke 7 wheels in the showroom until I saw the other ones on a Q7 that were a dark gray. So I picked titanium package 5-segment spoke design instead.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Personally I think it's not that close, the 5-tri spoke is nicer. It's more aggressive and sporty looking. This is typically the case when comparing 5-spoke vs. multispoke, though. I guess it depends what look you are going for.

The 7-spoke has definately been around for a while (seems like the most common Q7 wheel) and I've seen tons of A6s with it.

If you did happen to decide on the 7 spoke at least it would be unique. I see 5 Qs a day minimum and have never seen 1 with that wheel.
now you guys got me thinking.. how do you think these would look on our q5's? Anybody got photoshop skills? Those are 20's on the a8 and vw tiguan.

nelson
Attached Images    

Last edited by njbiker; 02-22-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Had also considered this....pics?

-tgt

Originally Posted by Stuttgartrob
I was looking at the double spoke 7 wheels in the showroom until I saw the other ones on a Q7 that were a dark gray. So I picked titanium package 5-segment spoke design instead.

Last edited by tgt; 02-22-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by njbiker
now you guys got me thinking.. how do you think these would look on our q5's? Anybody got photoshop skills? Those are 20's on the a8 and vw tiguan.

nelson
well, having this rim on Q5, reminds me of GLK350
Old 02-22-2011, 11:56 AM
q5s
Audiworld Junior Member

My alloys are genuine. Whatever you get make sure they are dark grey/anthracite/titanium/black/etc. unless you want to spend your life cleaning them or watching for caked brake dust. My personal favourite are black with a polished lip. No cleaning and won't look like steelies from afar either.

Quick Reply: Anyone got the 7-double-spoke wheels?