Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any Q5 Prestige owners?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Q5 Prestige owners?

OK, so as I said in a previous post am in the market for a new ride (replacing my 2008 ML550). The Q5 is intriguing, but I want ventilated seats, so if I do the Q5 it would have to be a 3.2 Prestige with Luxury package. I have seen some feedback about the ventilated seats that were not too complimentary, any other opinions?

And any other Prestige owners have comments on that trim level have pros/cons? Am also looking at the Lincoln MKX, so opinions welcome...

Thanks in advance, Tom B.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I test drove a 2010 Q5 Prestige (no ventilated seats) and I (as well as my friends who test drive the car) felt the seats were hot, almost as if the seat heater was turned on. I am already sensitive to the heat...so I am hoping I feel the difference.

I just configured a 2012 Q5 + luxury package (ventilated seats)- soon, I will hopefully be able to report how they feel.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2010 Prestiege but NO vented seats ... I had not even given them a consideration as here in New England(USA) the heated seats would get more use than cooled ones.
It's honestly hard to comment about the Prestiege package as I purposely bought it for the keyless entry & push-button start and now in 2011 that is a seperate option.
I HAVE become happy that my Prestiege came with the side assist as it was part of the package; I thought I could do without but, again, now am pleased I have it esp with the summer traffic and smaller cars that are just out of my side mirror and quick head-turning views.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree with loscoz, I bought a 2011 Prestige mainly for the keyless entry/push button start. I found it incredible that all Audis didn't have this standard. You also get the exterior S-Line trim package, which is nice. I also did not get the ventilated seats, but haven't noticed them being unusually hot (I have the beige interior).
Old 08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got (2 weeks ago) a 2012 Prestige, with black leather interior. The wife is a huge hot seat fan, where I am not. We got the heated seats only though. I haven't noticed it to be warm when not on; although I live in Colorado.

I was sold with the key-less, and the other amenities that come with the prestige package. I got the S-Line appearance package (read: just the front and rear bumper from the s-line package, + running boards), minus the wheels, seats, and steering wheel. Which I was confused about when I made my purchase, but I'm still happy. It's a sweet ride. I downsized from a 2008 Infiniti QX56.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tomb01
OK, so as I said in a previous post am in the market for a new ride (replacing my 2008 ML550). The Q5 is intriguing, but I want ventilated seats, so if I do the Q5 it would have to be a 3.2 Prestige with Luxury package. I have seen some feedback about the ventilated seats that were not too complimentary, any other opinions?

And any other Prestige owners have comments on that trim level have pros/cons? Am also looking at the Lincoln MKX, so opinions welcome...

I have the ventilated seats and they are pretty mediocre in my opinion. I have them on -6 (the coldest setting) pretty much constantly and while they help out some, it's not exactly like they perform to what I would imagine 3k worth of upgrade would get you. I may have them looked at to see if they are even working at my 5k service next week...

If I had a choice next time, I'd probably drop the feature. I wanted a car ASAP and absolutely had to have Prestige for the keyless (wife issue...) and the only one they had in a color I liked had the premium leather and vented seats.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven't used vented seats on the Q5, but one reason I love the Luxury Pkg is that the seats are upgraded Milano leather and the arm rests and hood cover are finished in leather. Make the interior look even more upscale IMO.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I too have a Prestige without the luxury/ventilated seats. We have had quite a heat spell here in the DC area and I do find the seats to be a bit warm - even with the beige interior. I switched from an MDX that did not have ventilated seats but the leather was perforated and I think that may have made a big difference just on its own.

I do have the adaptive cruise control optionand really like it.

For the days where we went over 100 degrees here I found the AC had a hard time keeping the interior very cool - anyone else notice this or do I need to have mine checked? It blows cold but the interior temp just seemed to stay warm to me (yes, sun shade was closed).
Old 08-06-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

We bought the 3.2 Prestige S-line w/ luxury package also. Love the vent seats! premium perforated leather seats keep the sticky back away and the chilled cup holder keeps my drink cold! A must have in August
Old 08-07-2011, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tomb01

I've had my Q5 Prestige / Luxury for about 18 months now. As per comments below, the Luxury package includes heated/ventilated front seats, perforated Milano leather, and leather instrument panel / armrests. As a whole, I really like this package, and particularly the Milano leather upgrade. I would have to say the ventilated (not air conditioned, they pull ambient air from the car) seats are pretty good. They are not fantastic, as my *** will never get icicles, but they do the job decently, and keep my back from sweating on hot days, which I take to be the intended purpose.

They will not act to provide additional cooling (a la the seat heaters), but will use the ambient air. If your car A/C is running cold inside, you will be getting cooler air up your backside. For me, the package was well worthwhile...