Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Advice on 15k miles service

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on 15k miles service

Hi:

I have a black 2010 s-line q5 and going be ready for 15k miles service. So far, i am very very happy with my 1 first Audi and it has been problem free so far. I am just wondering what are people paying for their 15k service? It seems, dealers in CT and NY are charging around $250-$350+Tax...it is kinda alot for me for just oil change, new oil filter and air filter....I think i should have gotten the AUDI care, but too late now.

Should i just go to my local mechanic for it? again, i really think for normal oil change....paying $300+is really really steep. Thanks in advance for your advices or opinions.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

as long as your car has less than 15k miles, you can still get audicare.

here in Cali, it's also around $300. total rip off. i'll probably end up getting audicare.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I did my 15K service myself. It's much cheaper then having it done at the dealer.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The way I look at it, if you have a mechanic you trust and won't screw up the simple task of oil changes and filter replacements, then go that route. If not, Audicare is the cheapest way to go and you have a little more peace of mind that it is (probably!) being done correctly.

I've had too many negative experiences with places like Jiffy Lube and local mechanics that I just go the AudiCare route. But if you have a good mechanic that you trust, you can save a lot of cash.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ookila
Hi:

I have a black 2010 s-line q5 and going be ready for 15k miles service. So far, i am very very happy with my 1 first Audi and it has been problem free so far. I am just wondering what are people paying for their 15k service? It seems, dealers in CT and NY are charging around $250-$350+Tax...it is kinda alot for me for just oil change, new oil filter and air filter....I think i should have gotten the AUDI care, but too late now.

Should i just go to my local mechanic for it? again, i really think for normal oil change....paying $300+is really really steep. Thanks in advance for your advices or opinions.
15k also includes tire rotation ...
have to look up the 'service schedule' we received when considering the AudiCare (which we do have on our Q5) if there is more...
Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by loscoz
15k also includes tire rotation ...
have to look up the 'service schedule' we received when considering the AudiCare (which we do have on our Q5) if there is more...
My understanding is tire rotation is not included in Audicare.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gat821
My understanding is tire rotation is not included in Audicare.
+1

It's included in the 5k but that is it. I think some folks have had it done and didn't have to pay extra but it isn't listed as an Audicare service on anything I got.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi:

Did your water pump/coolant pump go out on you? If so you should have gotten a letter from Audi that will give you free Audicare.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi:

5,000 and 15,000 are covered under audi care.... I think it is worth it. I paid to have my oil changed at 10,000 at it was just over $100 because I had a dealer coupon.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all ur replies.....I think i will passed on audi care...and get those oem parts(oil and filters) with some local mechanic to save up some money...and my car was build on 3/10....no problem and no letter .....i guess that can be good and bad...heheh

Quick Reply: Advice on 15k miles service