Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

6 months after buying the paint probem

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 months after buying the paint probem

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has had this problem after only 6 months the peeling paint on the front bumper my dealer Niquet has sent photos at Audi Canada and they want to repaint my bumper full ,I am worried, because we always say that the original painting is greater then what would you do someone has an idea I wonder what to do ???

Sorry about my English
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2014, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi I also bought from Niquet, they have an excellent service out there.

you are right when you say that original paint is better than repainting.

but your OEM paint on your bumper is apparently not that good... Maybe the bumper was done on a friday afternoon. (lol)

I'd say go for it if Audi Canada is paying... They will not do a cheap job..and if it paint doesnt last again... they will surely take care of you again.

I'm sure Niquet and Audi Canada will not loose their name for a Bumper paint job.

Go For It !!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks. But maybe that was not the OEM paint. You car could have been damaged in port and fixed at the port body shop. Audi or any other manufacturer does not have to inform you of damage done while it is still in their possession. Ask for a lifetime warranty in writing on the paint.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
That sucks. But maybe that was not the OEM paint. You car could have been damaged in port and fixed at the port body shop. Audi or any other manufacturer does not have to inform you of damage done while it is still in their possession. Ask for a lifetime warranty in writing on the paint.
are you serious ?? they don't have to tell us if the car was damaged in transit ?

I would be sooo mad
Old 11-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No it was not damaged, the transport because I was away for the white protective transport is a paint defect from Audi, but my question is I live with a touch up or I trust and my painting? Thank you for your advice.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kidrx8
No it was not damaged, the transport because I was away for the white protective transport is a paint defect from Audi, but my question is I live with a touch up or I trust and my painting? Thank you for your advice.

Do you feel it can get bigger and bigger? If not a touch up done by a pro can maybe fix that.. It is not in a big placr.. You wont notice there is a touch up in a place like that..

Im I right to think it is right under the fog grill?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jay337
Do you feel it can get bigger and bigger? If not a touch up done by a pro can maybe fix that.. It is not in a big placr.. You wont notice there is a touch up in a place like that..

Im I right to think it is right under the fog grill?
Yes it's not very large but i don't no if to risk continued to expand, I think I'll ask spoke with the paint shop department is not in Niquet, is what makes me worried !
Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

That sucks!

After 6000 km, I already have 5 or 6 very small paint chip on my front bumper. My previous Q5 was not that bad after 40 000 km.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kidrx8
Yes it's not very large but i don't no if to risk continued to expand, I think I'll ask spoke with the paint shop department is not in Niquet, is what makes me worried !
I had an accident with my 2003 GTI that I bought at niquet...they were doing business with ''CARSTAR Le Cabriolet'' at st-hubert...in the industrial park near the costco near the 116... they have done an amazing job...

(quater panel, rear axel, tailgate , driver side windows,tailights and rear bumper...

kept the car 3 more years and sold it to a friend without fear..

I saw the car for another 4 years...the paint was still perfect till he sold the car...

hope this help
Old 11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Yoshimura
That sucks!

After 6000 km, I already have 5 or 6 very small paint chip on my front bumper. My previous Q5 was not that bad after 40 000 km.

Hey Yoshimura...are you the same guy from m4e ? lol

Quick Reply: 6 months after buying the paint probem