Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 SQ5 Totaled R.I.P

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank God for air bags, eh? So glad you were able to get out unscathed, but imagine you were a little stiff the next day. What make and model of vehicle hit you? Any idea of speed at impact? Just curious.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
It seems to be a fact of life that there are so many more poor drivers out today than ever. Too many simply aren't paying attention to the road, distracted with texting or holding their cell phones to their ear, etc. Again, glad you are ok.
Maybe OP is the faulty driver. :-)
Old 04-17-2016, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Really? I thought new model years were introduced at the latest in the fall, meaning the 17's should be here by then. But my understanding the updates you mention for the Q's won't be available until the 2018 model (total redesign) becomes available. Or is that for the Q3 and Q7's and not the Q5's?
New 2016 Audi A5, B9 family it should be revealed later this year. After 4-5 months later should be presented new Q5 last in the family B9.
So the new Q5 is coming in the second half of 2017
Old 04-17-2016, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

holy sheet that looks bad. Good to hear your OK and that our cars are safe.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Will repeat what others have said - too bad about the car, but glad you are ok - that's the most important thing.
And looks like your Q5 offered you excellent protection; a testament to their commitment to safety. It seems to be a fact of life that there are so many more poor drivers out today than ever. Too many simply aren't paying attention to the road, distracted with texting or holding their cell phones to their ear, etc. Again, glad you are ok.
Off topic, but we were driving on I-635 today in Dallas and there were 4... count 'em... 4 accidents within a 5 mile stretch on each side of the highway. It has been raining here, but not terribly. People just don't know how to drive anymore.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Off topic, but we were driving on I-635 today in Dallas and there were 4... count 'em... 4 accidents within a 5 mile stretch on each side of the highway. It has been raining here, but not terribly. People just don't know how to drive anymore.
Actually, unfortunately it is quite on topic. I drive from NYC to home in NJ 3 days a week. When I'm driving in, I'm taking the Lincoln Tunnel and stay in the left lane (EZ PASS LANE) and if I let more than a car length in front on me, cars in the right lane dart in front of me, rarely signaling. I am constantly looking back in my rearview mirror to make sure the driver in back of me is keeping proper distance. On the home trip at 8pm at night (busy but past rush hour) I take the FDR into Harlem River Drive to the G Washington Bridge. What a nightmare; windy, narrow roads, in certain places lanes are not delineated, cars are always swaying into the next lane. About 10 days ago, 2 rear enders and a driver cut in front of me and if I was not so intently paying attention, he would have smashed into me All this inside of a 4 mile ride. Certainly takes the fun out of that stretch of the drive.
Old 04-17-2016, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Agree. People no longer follow the 2-second rule on the highway. They drive like NASCAR drivers. A lot of highway pile-ups can be avoided if people kept their distance. Also, slow down when weather or visibility goes bad.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, you being safe and well is all that matters. Let's hope you can hop into another SQ5.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pfgray2008
So much for my 2016 SQ5! Without out going into too much detail I was T boned last Sunday while in Portland Oregon. The vehicle is a total loss but luckily I wasn’t hurt nor was the other driver. You all will all be happy to know that Audi builds a very safe vehicle. I walked away without a scratch on me. I’m currently waiting on my insurance company but fortunately I have new car replacement coverage which should cover another SQ5. Which leads me to ask does anyone know what’s in store for 2017 changes to the SQ5? I’m sure it’s minimal but does anyone have the order guide or know when the order bank will open for 2017?

Let me get those rims!! Paypal or I can wire $! Put some rando tires and wheels on the car and let me get those!
Old 04-18-2016, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If the car was pushed up the curb like that, the other side rims are probably toast.

Quick Reply: 2016 SQ5 Totaled R.I.P