Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mariusstrom
Nice! We've requested an October 9 delivery date, and I'm planning to spend 2 weeks driving up to Amsterdam for shipment. Yes, the Nurburgring is on the way.
Driving around Europe now, getting ready to drop off the q5 in Amsterdam on Thursday..

Going back to driving my Nissan Murano while waiting for the q5 to ship over is gonna be rough...
Old 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...just thought I would update everyone that my order is still showing at sea!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kaitlyn2004
...just thought I would update everyone that my order is still showing at sea!
That is too sad. I wonder if your update site got a little ahead of itself and could not back up. There have been a couple of delays of about a week going around. According to VW log, the next ship to Halifax is due on the 24th. I do not know about the other shipping company.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just sent another email to my sales guy... he confirmed it should arrive at the dealership on the 24th... so, I guess I'll just stop checking the site and wait. Not that it will get any easier...
Old 10-16-2013, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Olympian Highway

I am assuming that the new car is on the Olympian Highway. Here is its track over the last couple of days. It has to stop in GA and then on to TX.
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xylar5
I am assuming that the new car is on the Olympian Highway. Here is its track over the last couple of days. It has to stop in GA and then on to TX.
If that's the case, it's good you've got access to the satellite data since that's a looooong time between T-AIS stations!

Something odd I noticed while keeping an eye on the Paradise Ace was that Georgia (and Florida) doesn't have much in the way of coverage, it pretty much went MIA until Brunswick itself, and then disappeared again until around Palm Beach, FL. Sometimes it'll just be because it's too far from shore (since they try and go straight where possible), but other times it's like you'd think there'd be something out there.

Paradise Ace is chugging through the Gulf now, and hopefully that means that somewhere between Saturday (AIS reported arrival) and Monday (Audi's ETA) my TDI'll hit Houston and I'll be that much closer to finally getting my hands on it.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by idale
If that's the case, it's good you've got access to the satellite data since that's a looooong time between T-AIS stations!

Something odd I noticed while keeping an eye on the Paradise Ace was that Georgia (and Florida) doesn't have much in the way of coverage, it pretty much went MIA until Brunswick itself, and then disappeared again until around Palm Beach, FL. Sometimes it'll just be because it's too far from shore (since they try and go straight where possible), but other times it's like you'd think there'd be something out there.

Paradise Ace is chugging through the Gulf now, and hopefully that means that somewhere between Saturday (AIS reported arrival) and Monday (Audi's ETA) my TDI'll hit Houston and I'll be that much closer to finally getting my hands on it.
Thanks to Mark for showing how to track the ships when they are in the void.
I noticed that disappearing act around Florida as well.
It will be a great day when you get that call saying the car is ready.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, my Q5 is now sitting at the Amsterdam european drop-off location, waiting to be trucked to Bremerhaven for shipping across the Atlantic.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mariusstrom
Well, my Q5 is now sitting at the Amsterdam european drop-off location, waiting to be trucked to Bremerhaven for shipping across the Atlantic.
And I thought my wait is tough, but you have already gotten to enjoy your new ride and still have to wait on it.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So after 3 long months of waiting, I got a surprise call that the Q5 arrived a week early.
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: 2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread