Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 non mmi bluetooth question

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 non mmi bluetooth question

So I just received my 2014 Q5 today, very basic, no MMi or Nav...
The dealer told me I could stream music via Bluetooth to the stereo but I cant figure out how. The instruction manual instructs how to pair for the phone ( works ok) but no music. So, was my dealer wrong? can I not stream music via Bluetooth?

Its a canadian car, progresivv package, non MMI.
Old 11-05-2013, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should work, when taking delivery the sales guy first had me pair my wife's phone in audio-only mode (by searching for it from the MMI). Never tested how you use it (because I don't stream like that), but it should function. I have nav, though, and a US car to boot, so I couldn't say for sure whether a Canadian non-nav MMI has the streaming (but it should if it supports phone use).
Old 11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try tune2air from amazon. It's a $100 bluetooth audio adapter for the ipod cable in your glove box. It works with ios out of the box and with android with a software update which is a bit cumbersome. You have to get a software update activation code from someone in Taiwan-no joke but I did my update like 1 am eastern time and got a response in a few minutes.

I can stream any music service from my galaxy s4: pandora; slacker; and my unlimited google play music subscription which sounds excellent because it streams in 320 kbps. It also streams google maps voice directions when you are streaming audio. The music will fade out and the voice directions will be spoken out on the car speakers, then the music will fade back in. It also plays music once it is paired with your vehicle. I just get in, push the start button to turn the car on and the music starts playing. I don't even have to touch anything on my phone.

The only thing is no tags are displayed on the display but the controls on the steering wheel and the dash work. Not bad for a $100 solution that works.

Phone calls come in fine and switches to the audi connection with no problem. Once the call is over the music picks right back up where you left off.

Once in a while the ami has trouble connecting with it but you can just unplug it and it works again.

I also leave it plugged in all the time and there is no battery drain concerns. I also have an obd 2 bluetooth adapter plugged in at all times, and I only drive on the weekends, so I go 5+ days without running the car and nothing bad to report